HubSpot Ideas

Laura_Cm

Performance analysis for smart content in marketing emails and pages

Hi there,

we're actually using smart content on our thank you pages and CTAs and considered to build one of our next emails with smart content. Unfortunatly, it's not possible to measure the performance of several versions of the page or email separatly. You only have the performance indicators for the whole element, e.g. numbers sent, opened, clicked regarding emails. With CTAs it's possible to look at the performance of the different versions.

It would be great to have performance metrics for the differenten versions of landing pages, an emails etc, if they're build with smart content - besides to use this information for next actions, e.g. filtering contacts who got version A of this email.

Without this feature, smart content for emails isn't useful for us.

Best wishes

Laura

70 Replies
AKumar
Participant

Hi HubSpot team,
Any update on this to track the performance of smart content? As you can see, there are many users who want to use smart capture but could't because of analytics limitations. Request to provide this option. Thanks. 

VSauvage

Hi Hubspot team,

This is a feature that we would also need on our side too!

Thanks

mallorys
Member | Partner

Chiming in to agree with everyone else - we really need this feature!

Reena
Agree! For us, it's a necessity for upcoming campaigns. We were planning on using smart content to personalise the emails however without being able to analyse how well each variation performed the smart content is no longer useful and we'll have to send multiple different emails instead

SOSell

I would appreciate the ability to see these too.

mtemperman

I agree that this feature would be really beneficial for reporting. Please add it to your roadmap!

mtemperman

I agree that this feature would be really beneficial for reporting. Please add it to your roadmap!

globilars

It was the first question when I was adding smart content to our mails. Why did nobody at HS think of it. Totally essential for making performance based decisions to optimize content with smart rules. Please add.

globilars

globilars

definitely a must have to use smart rule content. Without this there is no information on how personalized content based on personas or other segments works. 

Please add.

BSantos8

This is absolutly a must have feature. Thre is  little value in having smart content on emails if you can't measure the results for the diferent variants.

dthreatt

What is the total point of this feature .....now you guys have added reporting but only between the smart rule and default.  You cannot report on which smart rules are being used.

LBenic

We would really need this ability, too, for both pages and emails.

mkarsten
Top Contributor

We started using this feature and liked that it was more efficient that creating separate emails with similar content, like our monthly e-newsletter that has a general version and 2 special interest versions. But, now after a couple months, I've gotten the request to go back to separate emails for that e-newsletter, because there's not an efficient way to break the stats down by version. Without better reporting, we're not going to be able to take advantage of smart rules.:(

sfisch
HubSpot Employee

This is a crucial and vital feature for effective reporting on marketing emails! 

LFlavell
Participant

I have just used smart content linked to Lifecycle Stage for subject lines.  It would be really helpful to us, if the results of this could be made available in the email analytics after the email has been sent.

AFerreira11

The main request is from 2017, so many great updates done on the platform and this is still being missed.

What is the advantage/benefit of 'smart rules' if we can't report on them? Seems counterproductive...

tomirasanen

Yes! This!

Of course there has to be a way to analyze and compare the performance of different smart content blocks. They are used to improve the performance, but how can you tell if they are performing better if you see any data!

Otterbot
Contributor

Very surprised to find that this was not available. There is no point in using Smart Content if you can't measure the results!

JLegate0
Participant

Very hard to analyse the performance of personalised content without this. Hope it makes it onto the roadmap asap.