HubSpot Ideas

Laura_Cm

Performance analysis for smart content in marketing emails and pages

Hi there,

we're actually using smart content on our thank you pages and CTAs and considered to build one of our next emails with smart content. Unfortunatly, it's not possible to measure the performance of several versions of the page or email separatly. You only have the performance indicators for the whole element, e.g. numbers sent, opened, clicked regarding emails. With CTAs it's possible to look at the performance of the different versions.

It would be great to have performance metrics for the differenten versions of landing pages, an emails etc, if they're build with smart content - besides to use this information for next actions, e.g. filtering contacts who got version A of this email.

Without this feature, smart content for emails isn't useful for us.

Best wishes

Laura

70 Commentaires
natalieh27
Membre

Agreed - I use smart content in many of my emails but oftentimes without being able to measure all versions of an email, it makes reporting difficult.

id_daniel
Membre

Agree. Having to build complicated lists to try to scratch out some intelligence on the performance of the smart content.

yefsky
Participant

Support, I agree with all the above and want to add this to the conversation.

Currently, HS can track by IP address from anyone who clicks into a webpage or email as this is how it gets timezone information. As we (HS Customers) are communicating via specific lists using an email address, this same concept should be used to track click rates, CTA and Smart Content so we can understand which messages are working on a specific group, demographic or job title. This will allow us to improve our compliance and increase target capabilities.

Just so you know, this is Business Intelligence 101. Reduce workload with speculation and increase profitability by knowing your customer base to the point you can deliver the product and services they need.

Work this solution so we can become more profitable and purchase additional products and services from HS.

jorgealvarez
Membre

Completely agree, the feature is almost useless as long as there's no way to assess performance...

Statut mis à jour : Not Currently Planned
Shane_Janssens
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi Contributers, thank you for the idea and for all the feedback, This feature is not available for Marketing Email yet. We are hoping to review this and, but this is not planned for development in the next quarter. For transparency and clarity, I am updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' for the time being. I will update here once we have plans in place.

Best,

Shane

Statut mis à jour : Not Currently Planned
Shane_Janssens
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi Contributers, thank you for the idea and for all the feedback, This feature is not available for Marketing Email yet. We are hoping to review this and, but this is not planned for development in the next quarter. For transparency and clarity, I am updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' for the time being. I will update here once we have plans in place.

Best,

Shane

ashleexavier
Membre

Yes, I completely agree!! Adding that feature would be such a help!

Irmelin
Participant

Although this issue has been marked as "Not currently planned," I want to add my voice to the chorus and hope it will be put into development at some point in the future.

juliahelgert
Participant

Completely agree! We'd like to use smart content in emails, but without the ability to measure how it performed, there's no clear benefit in using it.

louischausse
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Platinum
ElinaLind
Membre

Hi!
The ability to measure and analyze the performance of smart content in marketing emails would be very important for us too. Our target groups are too small for reliable A/B testing, plus there are usually too many versions of the smart content in an email for these tests to be practical.

So, we are looking forward for any improvements on the reporting of smart content emails. Until then, we have no choice but to make separate versions of the email. I agree with the previous replies that there's no point in using smart content in emails if you can't measure the performance.

jtsang
Participant

Any updates to this Hubspot?? We need this to be able to track performance of smart content in email.

amweinst
Membre

Agree with the above comments. It's useful to be able to target subgroups using smart content but not very useful if we can't understand the behavior of each of our target audiences.

gpiana
Participant

I think it's really strange to introduce this great feature which smart content is, and not think it through all the way to the analytics part of it. How will I be able to improve my smart content if I don't know what works and what doesn't? For us smart content is a great way to save time as we have 22 different country/language combinations we make our emails in. So instead of 176 differrent emails we make 8, instead of 110 workflows we make 5. This is a great time saver, but we completely lose track of the performance that we do have in case we make all of these emails and workflows.

I know it will be quite hard to make a standard for it, because f.e. we have some text blocks having 9 smart rules, while the footer has 22 smart rules. However, I'm sure that when thinking this through, you'll be able to solve this, for example by having a customized analytics set up manually linking smart blocks to email versions that you can analyze.

Lindsay2
Membre

Hi! 2020 and still interested in reporting on smart content. We are a data driven org, and I can't sell using smart content in emails without the ability to report.

Babel_Gem
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Elite

This is such an important feature that is really needed, otherwise we are going to need to continue cloning emails and tweaking slightly to send to different audiences as otherwise you cannot measure how successful it has been.

Hope it becomes a priority in future.

SylwiaVN
Membre

Yes please!

It's wonderful to create less emails and optimize them with the use of smart content. But if there is no way to report on smart content sections - why do that at all? 

Reporting on smart content is just a logical next step, especially for big, multi-touch campaigns. 

micaelamartinez
Participant

Agreed, the smart content is not being used to the fullest extent if we cannot see any reporting data on it like the rest of the email. Sure you can check the top clicked links section and look for the URL that you used in your smart content, but what if the URL was the same as the default content? Then you really can't tell anything about how the smart content performed.

CarolineZ
Membre

Agree with all my former contributers. We introduced smart content recently and were wondering why we can't see any stats. It mixes up our average stats for CTR, so we can't compare those emails with regular ones (without smart content). I don't get why the option is available, if we can't even tell for sure that it is helping our segments. Absolutely necessary!!!!

CarolineZ
Membre

100% agree with all former replies. It would help so much without having to clone all emails the whole time. Why should we use smart content in emails without having a reporting option? Absolutely necessary if Hubspot wants to keep that feature (which they should as this is one of the key features for email in my opinion). Otherwise it doesn't make any sense for us.