HubSpot Ideas

Laura_Cm

Performance analysis for smart content in marketing emails and pages

Hi there,

we're actually using smart content on our thank you pages and CTAs and considered to build one of our next emails with smart content. Unfortunatly, it's not possible to measure the performance of several versions of the page or email separatly. You only have the performance indicators for the whole element, e.g. numbers sent, opened, clicked regarding emails. With CTAs it's possible to look at the performance of the different versions.

It would be great to have performance metrics for the differenten versions of landing pages, an emails etc, if they're build with smart content - besides to use this information for next actions, e.g. filtering contacts who got version A of this email.

Without this feature, smart content for emails isn't useful for us.

Best wishes

Laura

70 Comentarios
elenatbo
Miembro

Currently it is impossible to measure the performance of Smart Content emails since there is no reporting on it.  We would like to know what content is working best. How many contacts are receiving the smart content, how many open, click on it, etc.

We love the ability to send persona based emails but need a way to manage their effectiveness.

Thank you.

Craig-Andrews
Participante | Partner

I love the fact that Hubspot allows measuring people and their behavior. Very surprised that there isn't a way to measure effectiveness of different smart content.

khughes
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Improve the email report to include the different data per smart content part (there may be more than one smart block per email).
Including open, clicks etc

emilyaiko
Participante

Also a break down of who got the generic version so we can see if there is a list issue

jordanlilly
Participante

It would defintiely help if we could see email stats for the smart content. Right now, the generic version and smart versions are all combined.

robertriversoz
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

Yes! It would be excellent for me to see open rates and click rate per smart content rule...

Thanks!

IleanaStreet
Miembro

I, too, am surprised that there is not the ability to report on the performance of emails that use smart content.  What is the end goal of using smart content if you can't measure the impact? 

TashWaqas
Miembro

Agreed! this is much needed

louischausse
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Platinum

This was announced as a new feature at Inbound '18 

https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/whats-new-in-hubspot-from-inbound-2018

But I can't find where it is...

louischausse
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Platinum

Just spoke to HS support and here's what they have to say:

I have checked with my internal team and it looks like a smart content beta tool is close to completion as we will be rolling it out within the month!

Good news!

christa
Colaborador

Agree, this performance information would be nice to see. We use smart content in our emails and have no way of telling how the content is performing based on the versions being used.

Mia1
Participante

I agree completley!! We need this. We cannot even see how many people received various smart content version.

cec
Participante

Any updates on this? I've been asking about it since November and support has no visibility into it's status on the dev timeline.

mishliewbq
Miembro | Partner nivel Elite

Need this too! 

Cnadler
Participante | Partner nivel Platinum

We would also like to have this

prhewson
Participante

Yup! Just started trying the smart subject lines for email - but without being able to see how they each perform, it's feels like a wild stab in the dark! Would be very helpful.

dhayward
Participante

This affects our shop as well.  Everything we do with the system is data-driven, to ensure that it matches and supports our marketing strategies.  Our usage of this feature is no exception.

For example, if a particular set of smart content is underperforming, we need to be able to measure and recognize this so we can change it accordingly.

Ciara_CI
Miembro

Really need this to be implemented!

At the moment there's no point adding a smart rule if you can't measure its success. 

Wibeke
Miembro

We really need this!

jtAccusoft
Participante

Completely agree, this should be a standard reporting feature as long as emails have the option for smart content.