HubSpot Ideas

eisenbri

Percentage in a Property

Within deals we have to be able to put percents into property fields that read as percents to avoid confusion. For example, when working with partners, they get paid different percentages and this is used to calculate their commission and then final net deal value. There isn't a way to designate % as a number, only as text. Then this can't be used later for calculation. Or it has to be read as a whole number such as 10 instead of 10%. Seems like it should be a simple fix. 

36 Replies
FBHB
Participant

+1 from us. We can add currencies, why not percentages?

RHagan

Similar to us! And on top of this, we have a product based on a percentage of transactions a company does. 

mlizondo

Not only very useful but a must in our case. Percentage as a field type with a % format but number value for using in calculated fields, i.e. 50% = 0.5 

Jonny_Rocket
Participant

An absolute must for a sales and amrketing manmagem,ent platform: %age win, %age risk, %margin %progress... etc....

Benvolio

A must as we're integrating this field in to a digital contract service

Niallp7
Participant | Diamond Partner

Just searching for a solution to this. Wanted to added % custom property so we can include it as part of a calculated property. Definitely a must.

RBishop

"Not only very useful but a must in our case. Percentage as a field type with a % format but number value for using in calculated fields, i.e. 50% = 0.5 "

Totally agreed.  Had to do a workaround in a calculation and add /100.  Totally weird to have to do it.

% Probability x Revenue = Forecasted revenue should be how it is but:

50 probability x Revenue and it multiplies it by 50 so I have to add a /100.  O_o

Revvmarketing
Participant | Partner

Please add this!

MikeBushinski

Definitely a must! Seems strange that HubSpot has a default Percentage field but doesn't let us create a Custom field of the same type...

KNye

We also really need this! I created a custom equation proptery to calculate profit margin and instead of showing 10%, it just says .10 which can be misleading.

BrunoCraidy

DEFINITELY! Seems to be a simple and obvious configuration. For me, its a mess because our team needs to input values in decimal format, but sometimes someone inputs the data in % format cause its more logical and the calculated proprieties returns values completely wrongs. 

Truesdella
Participant

As someone who is transitioning from ActiveCampaign where all custom fields and automations/workflows are triggered with a percentage symbol (%), I can't believe this hasn't been addressed already.  Our Migration time has doubled having to recreate all the fields, and not to mention, we now have missing data from our database 'Sync' between ActiveCampaign and HubSpot.  Super disappointing and frustrating!

GiiftCRMAdmin

This is highly required.

AVChrista
Contributor | Elite Partner

This would be extremely helpful when you are trying to break down estimated margins and gross profits on deals. Knowing revenue is one thing, to know how profitable you are is even more valuable. A percentage property would help with this.

KChrysanthopo

This is a must-have for fee rates, profitability etc. Please consider this ASAP!

JoshBarber
Contributor

This would be really handy for many clients that want to capture discounts they offer to customers in the sales process and make calculations on top of that. Workarounds are painful to support.

AWalrond

This would be a really helpful feature. Please add it! 

bealeat172

My sales people are tired of reading the instruciton, should I put this as a number between 0 - 1, or as a double-digit value?  And our Sales Ops team is tired of cleaning it. And our finance team is tired of broken data. It would be amazing if we could restrict numerical property fields to a value between 0-1. Or, convert double digits to a % value automatically. Either way! 

CSlaats
Participant

+1 This would be very helpful

PIrigoyen
Participant | Elite Partner

A must-have! Please add this.