HubSpot Ideas

BrianR

Pausing a Sequence

I think it would be good to be able to pause a sequence. Sometimes you put a prospect on a sequence and things happen... illness, weather (hurricanes) and there is no sense continuing sending them emails and making calls when you know they aren't going to be there. I think it would be good to be able to pause them and schedule them to restart at a later date... Thoughts?

102 Kommentare
ChrisLemmon
Mitglied

+1 bunp, please make this so I don't email prospects on Christmas morning. Love you all, happy holidays.

btunstall1
Mitglied

We would love to see this feature for our company for the holiday seasons throughout the year. We don't want emails to go out on Christmas Day. It looks fake. We aren't working that day and neither are ost of our Customers. 

GK_Ruby
Teilnehmer/-in

Add this to the list of really obvious things Hubspot ought to do but doesn't... come on guys, how hard could it be?

Ericson_ds
Mitglied

come on! this should be available and it doesnt even seems too hard to do... 

Justin5
Mitglied

This is a no-brainer - @hubspot when will this be implemented, please?

NickSchleifer
Mitglied

This makes comeplete sense!  Being able to pause sequences while you are away from the office for an extended period of time would prevent tasks from getting backed up and further backed up as you try and play catch up on return.

MGROBIN
Mitglied

Now would be a good time to have this. 

bpucylowski
Mitglied

Hubspot TOTALLY needs a feature that will allow a "pause" to occur in a sequence.  The current practice requires that you "unenroll" prospects which creates unnecessary work to unenroll and then re-enroll when ready to distribute.  

aharvey02
Mitglied

The demand for this feature is needed now more than ever amid the COVID-19 virus. Offices and organizations not working at 100% operational capacity and shifting focus can make the scheduled sequence emails a waste during this time. Rather than having to complete the tedous task of un-enrolling and then re-enrolling, a pause button would be immensely beneficial. 

liljoeyscooter
Mitglied

I agree.  This is a great idea.  Please add pause asap.

jfran99
Teilnehmer/-in

This needs to be a #1 priority right now.

Support just told me there's no way to do this without rescheduling every single scheduled email. With covid-19, what date would I even set, even if I did want to go through hundreds of emails one-by-one?

Well, I guess people are just gonna get **bleep** off at me.

ChrisLemmon
Mitglied

@JacobGordon I found a way to disable all sequences, if that helps, then you can re-enroll people whenever the timing is better.

Just disconnect your gmail (or whatever mail) integration.

JacobGordon
Mitglied

@ChrisLemmon Thanks! I find this method great if there are only a handful in a given sequence (and just set tasks to re-engage later) - I've done this a number of times and it doesn't take that long. The pain is having to do this for a sequence where hundreds are enrolled. It would be impossible to individually disable them all and then go back to re-engage (unless your company has a human resource to do this) while balancing every day workflow. Hope The Hub will roll this out at some point! 🙂

DanielaFonseca
Stratege/Strategin

This is an essential feature. HubSpot support told me the only way around this was to delete the sequence entirely or to remove contacts, which is not a great method. Any updates on this?

Especially considering current global circumstances, this is crucial.

pcerone
Mitglied

yes please.  can you please make pause a feature? really needed right now. 

Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
glencornell
HubSpot-Produktteam

I'm moving this issue from "Delivered" to "In Planning" because the originally delivered update does not allow users the ability to manually pause sequence enrollments, or pause all sequence enrollments en masse. We are planning to update sequences to allow for this type of control of enrollments.

CarlosM
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

This is great to hear, hope this doesn't take long, especially at the moment with everything going on in the world!

JacobGordon
Mitglied

@glencornell Sweet, thanks so much!! Hope everyone is doing well during these strange times. 

@CarlosM Thanks! This feature would be best to have in times like these. 

Status aktualisiert zu: Being Reviewed
glencornell
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi Community,

We are now reviewing this with our team. If you would like to participate in our discovery and research, you can fill this short form and I will reach out about our next steps: https://forms.gle/oE5veMh4mLRzoMZX7

As we learn more and make progress, I will update this issue, thanks everyone for your feedback!

Best,

Glen 

Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
glencornell
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi Community,

We are now taking some calls to plan the scope of this project. If you would like to participate in our discovery and research, you can fill this short form and I will reach out about our next steps.

As we learn more and make progress, I will update this issue, thanks everyone for your feedback!

Best,

Glen