HubSpot Ideas

BrianR

Pausing a Sequence

I think it would be good to be able to pause a sequence. Sometimes you put a prospect on a sequence and things happen... illness, weather (hurricanes) and there is no sense continuing sending them emails and making calls when you know they aren't going to be there. I think it would be good to be able to pause them and schedule them to restart at a later date... Thoughts?

102 Comentários
jacobhz
Membro

This would be great ON THANKSGIVING!!

jimtobin
Membro

I would like to be able to import a list of major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, July 4th here in the States) and have all sequences skip these dates...

softwaresalesMA
Membro

The ability to pause sequences is sorely needed. I agree with others that it would be a ton of work to manually update each sequence, especially if you have multiple sequences targeting different buyer personas. This type of out of office functionality should be seriously considered.

Henrique_Waggl
Membro

+1

BB2
Membro

Just signed up and am shocked to find out you can't pause entire Sequences.  This is crazy for a number of reasons (many which have already been mentioned).  Particularly if going on vacation, or if there is a Holiday.

This should be a top priority for Sequences to get added.

MonikaS
Colaborador(a)

+1

Arod
Participante

It would be extremely beneficial for our sales team to pause sequences whenever they are out traveling for events. Also, life happens, so I know that this would be helpful to a lot of people!  

jhepstein
Membro

+1. Just got an unfavorable reply on Monday (Memorial Day) and would love to know how to do this especially with July 4 week coming soon. Would be a nightmare to have to create, build and time sequences out with holidays

anna489
Membro

+1. It's going to take me an hour today to manually move all individual sequences to next week. This happens every time I am out of the office.

Steevesy
Membro

Agreed. July 4th and Christmas come to mind. 

Would be nice to have blackout dates or the ability to bulk adjust sequences to skip a day if need be. 

CarlosM
Colaborador(a)

So, it is almost 3 years since this was first suggested. It seems like such an obvious requirement that it is highly surprising the feature doesn't exist already. Plenty of people have added their support so what is taking so long? HubSpot really is a great tool it is such a shame this is being ignored.

timfresen
Colaborador(a)

I've actually stopped using Hubspot for a lot of my sequencing and resorted to Reply.io.

Can also recommend Prospect.io and PersistIQ for similar purposes!

jfoxx
Membro

This should be CRM 101 - You should be able to add pauses into the sequence so, for example, a final email doesn't go out before calls can be made. 

KhaosOwen
Membro

Hi,

The current solution in place to this problem is not going to work for us. When a customer recieved a sequence email which is designed to look like it has been sent by the sales member, only to reply and see they have been on holiday all week, makes us look a little daft and is not particularly customer focused or helpful to enhance the customer journey. 

Whilst on holiday, it would be useful to select all customers and prospects who are entered in to a sequence, by user. From there, adding a bulk delay to all of these sequences for a custom period of time (for wexample 1 week). For the system to then add an additional 7 days to the delay until the next step and I think this would resolve the issue. It would work best within the schedules tab of sequences with a filter for the user at the top right and some sort of actions option to create a sequence delay and a box to enter the number of days you would like to delay this for.

bmoody
Membro

UPVOTE!

Please let me know when you have this! 

KirstenMedder1
Membro

+1 to pausing sequences.

dpearson
Membro

+1 

How is this not an option already? Get with it HubSpot, you are the only marketing automation platfrom that doesnt offer a sequence pause or auto holiday skip feature. 

mparks
Membro | Parceiro

This would be very helpful. I recently had some sequences sent out on Labor Day. This makes me and my company's emails look like spam and hurts our reputation. There should be a feature that automatically pauses Sequences on all national Holidays.

mparks
Membro | Parceiro

I recently noticed some of my sequenced emails were sent out on this past Labor Day. Having these emails sent out to potential clients on National Holidays comes out as extremely insensitive, makes me and my company's emails look like spam, and damages our reputation. Please add a setting that allows us to prevent sequences from being sent out on National Holidays!

CarlosM
Colaborador(a)

I still can't believe this has not been actioned. I am going on holiday for 16 days and have circa 200 emails I need to move the date for. That is just in one sequence. I don't have time to do this so wil probably have to run the risk or respond to emails on holiday which I would rather not have to do.

I would urge Hubspot to create this feature as a priority.