Pause all sequences

I would like a feature to pause all active sequences by owner. For instance, when I'm going on vacation, I would like to pause all activity until I return. 

24 Replies
teddyf
New Contributor

+1 not only would it be nice to pause a sequence, it'd be extra nice for steps within a sequence to be dependent on each other.

ie: if I have a sequence which has me call on day 1, day 3, day 5, and day 7...I think it'd be important if I get behind and miss the call on day 1 and do "call 1" on day 3 of having enrolled the user in that sequence, i don't think the 2nd call should also appear for me to do on day 3, the 2nd call should now be on day 5 because it was the cadence in between completed activities that was most important, not necessarily day 1, day 3, day 5, day 7 for sure, though options for each of these would be really nice! @sjudson

CarlosM
Regular Contributor

This would be a great idea and seems a huge miss by Hubspot not to have this feature. If I am on holiday for two weeks I don't want to be mailing people who (if they reply) I then can't respond to until I come back. Furthermore, the automatic unenrol feature that occurs when someone replies doesn't work 100% of the time so I can end up emailing somebody again even when they have replied.

KKJ
New Contributor

I want a variation on pausing sequences. 

I want automation that doesn't trigger the next task in the sequence (we're using emails, call and LI touches in our sequences) to trigger until the last task due has been completed (which could be a call).

So, think that there will need to be a way to show a call result that either takes them out of the sequence or moves them to the next task, but not until the previous task is completed.

This is how Salesloft and Outreach work. kkj

mfield
Occasional Contributor

Yes! This is greatly needed. I'm about to take off on vacation for 2 weeks and heavily rely on sequences. I currently have at least 400 contacts enrolled in a sequence that are scheduled for while I am gone, so it would be a LOT of work to manually update each sequence.

timfresen
Occasional Contributor

Needed. If only for out of office replies. There is no way of enrolling these contacts again as they will again receive the first mail in the sequence

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: Delivered

Users have the ability to edit their scheduled Sequence emails. Just navigate to the Sequences tool and click into the Scheduled tab. You can adjust the date and time of the send or the content of the emails. 

CarlosM
Regular Contributor

In reply to cstetter - yes we know we can reschedule individual emails but this would take a lifetime to defer all emails for a pending holiday. We need the ability to supend all emails for a given tme period. I am on holiday from 13th December to 3rd January and I could really do with this option!!!!

teddyf
New Contributor

Amen @CarlosM - we know we can reschedule dates and times for individual stuff...but it stinks. Not only is it important to be able to do this when you know you'll be out (like on holiday), but also when you don't know you'll be out (an inside sales rep often has 150 things to do in a day and they get behind, or go to a tradeshow, or they're sick...and so if they get behind then it all spirals into flames from there. Scott Judson, PM at HUBS knows my thoughts on this! Smiley Happy #outreach

jacobhz
Visitor

This would be great ON THANKSGIVING!!

jimtobin
New Contributor

I would like to be able to import a list of major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, July 4th here in the States) and have all sequences skip these dates...