Pause a Workflow

I would like the ability to pause a workflow, thus keeping all users at the step they are in, and then unpause it a few days later.  Adding delay steps will not accomplish the same thing.  For example, I want to pause a campaign during a holiday week, but start it again the following week without losing anyone.  There is no way to successfully do this with a delay step unless every user is at the same step - which obviously will never be the case. 

HubSpot updates
Feb 19, 2020

Hi folks!

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important. We are currently evaluating if this idea is feasible and, if so, how our team will implement it

While we cannot currently provide a timeline, any developments will be communicated right here on this thread.

Best!
Joe
Ideas Forum Manager

48 Replies
Regular Contributor

@MeganLegge - A month since your request for more information via that form and nothing. If we're all lucky this will be over before WF pausing exists. 

Hopefully, the countless hours lost to our efforts to find a workaround, or worse, our reputation lost due sending inappropriate automated messages does not compound the already dire situation for many businesses.

C'mon Hubspot - Be Better.

Regular Contributor

It would be so nice to have this ability!!

Regular Contributor

It´s a good idea, and this ability it would be an main requirement. Please, try to improve it 🙂 Our live would be so much better.

While it happens, I´m working with WF partitions. I mean, instead of working on 1 WF, I´m workin with more than 6 WF "playing" with the delays and propierties. If your reason for stopping is a date, you can modify the date properties and the next WF partition behaviour. 

Not sure if I could explain it well 🙂

Regards!

New Contributor

I was just about to submit on this same topic - discouraging to see that this was first submitted in 2017. Any progress since?

Regular Contributor

3 years and still not an option?

Regular Contributor

@vdecker1 - this has been a pain point for us for 2 years. With the holiday season coming up they still have nothing to show to solve this problem. In fact - after our hack around last fall we had to rebuild several workflows to correct the logjamb created by it.

@MeganLegge - WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG for a solution?!? This is inexplicable when your competitors have this out of the box? Bronto, Klaviyo, even MailChimp!?!?

Regular Contributor

@Rob-NWB the ridiculous thing is they came so close to at least partly solving it with the ability to select days to run contact workflows - I saw that and thought, oh I can just deselect all the days, and it won't run ...but no, deselecting all days flicks it straight back to run everyday.

It's a shame, because we've seen so many other great developments in HubSpot in the last 12 months, but it's still being held back by these really basic holes.

New Contributor

I still want this.