HubSpot Ideas

mandlerm

Paste into chat

Pasting a screenshot into the chat window is a huge way of how we help our customers.  I'd really love to see that ability added.  Attaching a file or linking to a document adds unnecessary steps that make it harder for our support team to provide the needed info and more time consuming for our customers to get the info they need. 

18 Replies
David9
Participant

This is an important feature that saves everyone a significant amount of time. It is also one of the major reasons we haven't yet adopted HubSpot chat.

Current approach:

1. take a screen shot
  2. save the file (remember the file name)
  3. go to chat
  4. click the paperclip
  5. browse to the file's location
  6. select the file
  7. click Open
  8. verify it was attached
  9. return to the folder/location where I saved the file
  10. delete the file from my computer

Desired approach:

1. take a screen shot
  2. go to chat
  3. paste

Faster and more intuitive process and no unnecessary files cluttering my computer. Everyone wins!

Bre

Hey there,

It would make my life so much easier if I could copy/paste images (or image links) in to Hubspot's chat feature  🙂

Chat doesn't have the same expansion option as emails, so there's no way to add an image without attaching it as a file.

We send screenshots to our clients and are getting bogged down having to save > upload > post.

Let me know what you think!

jithin

This one is sitting from 2019 - any plans on implementing this one?  I see I can even paste an image here then why not in chat box?

jamesmarxdev
Participant

Please do this. We work with screenshots all the time

JamieJ98
Participant

Yes this would be very helpful

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hey folks!

I'm happy to report that you can now drag and drop files into your chatflows and Inbox.  Simply choose a file from your computer and drag it into your existing conversation in order to include it in your reply.

This works in the Inbox's reply editor for email and chat, and also works in the chat widget on your website.

JoeMayall_0-1607088331868.gif

Best!

Joe

JamieJ98
Participant

Thats not what we were proposing.

We are proposing ctrl + v of an image on our system clipboard.

Services like Discord and Messenger have this.

Bre

@JoeMayall , @JamieJ98 's right, that's not what I'm asking for. Drag & drop still requires you to download screenshots to the device. Copy paste/ crtl + v is much easier

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

@Bre and @JamieJ98 thanks for clarifying!

Sorry for the confusion, I'll move the status back.

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

tilly
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Bre & @JamieJ98  -- With the update that @JoeMayall mentioned, copy/paste for image files is now supported in the chat widget in addition to drag/drop. Please let me know if you are seeing otherwise in your chat widget and I'd be happy to take a look! 

Two notes:

• The first visitor message in a chat thread blocks file attachment automatically for spam protection. Just wanted to flag that in case it comes up while testing this feature out.
  • While the chat widget supports copy/paste for image files, the HubSpot Inbox does not yet support it. That said, drag/drop will work there.  
Bre

Hey @tilly ! The root of the issue is that screenshots are not image files (we use Awesome Screenshot). I cannot drag/drop or copy paste a screenshot; I have to save it as an image file > then locate and drag/drop or copy/paste that file. It's definitely faster to do that than to upload, but it would still be nice just to use the screenshot itself.

tilly
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Bre -- Out of curiosity, when you say that these screenshots from Awesome Screenshot are not image files, do you have any additional detail on what format they are in instead? I'm not very familiar with Awesome Screenshot, but from their help documentation it appears that they do support sharing via links, which should be possible to copy/paste into chat. Let me know if that's not addressing your concern. 😊

Alternatively, if you are willing to screenshot via other methods, using Apple's default screenshot functionality (Shift + Command + 4) or Window's default screenshot functionality (Windows key + Shift + S) will save a screenshot to your clipboard, which you can then paste into chat.

gustavoorosco

We'll have it working on Inbox? I think it is the most important in this topic.

It is about we send images to our customers

AVO

I'm trying to paste it (from the clipboard) in the chat reply both in Vivaldi and Firefox, and it just doesn't work. In the email messages it works. Our customers can send screenshots, but I can't.

Tsell
Participant

Operating System level shortcuts like cmd-v and cmd-return should be implemented.

RDunphy
Participant

We really would like to be able to use copy and paste in the inbox chat. The current process of saving images and attaching them to responses is taking too long.

Intercom has had this functionality for years.

gustavoorosco

Hi! Any updates? I think it is not delivered. You have delivered a different function of what we needs ;/

It is about the support team past images to help customers