HubSpot Ideas

RafalKochanski

Past 12 months rolling sales report

One of the key measures of success of a business is measuring your annual sales. By default, it is tracked in financial years. However, especially with high-growth-rate businesses, it is becoming more important to track the annual sales evolution for the past 12 months every month to see if every additional month brings an increase or decrease of sales over this period.

To enable this tracking, a new report would be required, showing the total sales from the last 12 months for each month. For example:

• For June 2020 it would show the total sales of July 2019 - June 2020
  • For July 2020 it would show the total sales of August 2019 - July 2020
  • For August 2020 it would show the total sales of September 2019 - August 2020
  • And so on for the last 12 months

This is not the same as cumulative past 12 months sales, as in cumulative sales, each month is added to the sum of the previous months, so the value is increasing every month.

This report is relevant for all people in roles responsible for sales tracking - sales reps for their own results, sales team managers for their teams, sales directors for total sales organization, CEOs for total company.

4 Replies
JoshBodine
Participant

Agreed...a TTM report is badly needed as I have to compile the data from several reports to get what I need.

MDUPRAT
Participant

@hubspot We realy need the functionality to have the rolling 12 months in the dashboards.
The new "compare" function is too limiting. Comparing January 2023 with the year 2022 when you want to compare over 2 equivalent periods is really frustrating.

MathieuMonereau
Member | Elite Partner

Upvoting this as it is much needed !

JWalczak
Contributor

Yes, this is exactly what i am after. I would of thought many businesses would be curious of their ongoing monthly rolling averages to see if they are on track. Please lets keep upvoting this.