HubSpot Ideas

SylMeireles

Password requirement on Sales Documents

We would like access to secure document features. Things like requiring a password for File manager linked documents or offering temporary URLs which expire. We find ourselves using third party tools for this type of functionality and believe it would better our experience.

9 Replies
briley
HubSpot Employee

When sharing a document within HubSpot, the current setup has the security measure of requiring an email, but it would be good to also be able to restrict downloading of the document and other privacy settings.

christinep

I would like to see some sort of security as well.

Our use case: when using template emails, we embed attachments for the recipient to download and review. There is also a "Share" button, and we really wouldn't want the recipient sharing this kind of sensitive info with competitors.

jenspencer1
Participant | Elite Partner

I have a need for document expiration. As of now we have to set workflow tasks to delete documents based on deal stage.

RoSharma
Participant
Hi Team,

This is such a simple and critical requirement and it seems a few other requests fort thios have not been addressed to date.  As a suggestion, how about:

1) offer ability to disable pdf download

2) password protect downloadable pdfs automatically from within hubspot with a unique password or registration for every viewer of that document.

Basically, once you have sent it out a document once, it can be downloaded and sent to the whole world without you knowing.  The current set up makes the function very limited in value.  It would be super helpful if you could fix this!

Can we prioritise this?

Thanks!

lgil
HubSpot Employee

Let's upvote this idea Post as well!

rinale

Same need for me too. 

Is the current solution a 3rd party API plugin? Does mailchimp do this? 

SiddharthGarg91
Participant

Hi all,

So there are 4 different use-cases here and CloudFiles can serve all of them. It is a native HubSpot app that sits in your deal / contact / company page that enhances HubSpot documents.

There are a bunch of link security options - disable download / set expiration / require login or an email to access the document etc... This would serve all the 4 use-cases mentioned above by @SylMeireles @RoSharma @jenspencer1 @briley 

Unfortunately this is a 3rd party app but since it is a native app, you won't have to navigate away from your HubSpot page to do anything.

In case anyone is interested, the app is available on marketplace here.

SWenet
Participant

This is bare minimum for the Documents feature in HS to be viable. I am using another tool JUST so that I can manage documents that I share with prospects. 100% would also include time limited links as well so that you can share a link to a doc that is only active for a limited window of time. 

DTartaglia

Desperately needed by us. That would be valuable feature.