HubSpot Ideas

Rkeane

Password Protection for Quotes

Hi all; I am a HubSpotter raising this on behalf of a customer. They are looking to add a password to their quote links so that when sharing with a prospect the password is required. This would ensure an extra level of security for sales quotes which may contain sensitive information.  If you are interested in this request please upvote and leave a comment with your use case.

20 Replies
DaviCamas
Contributor

Yes! Would be amazing to have this feature!

cspeterson
Member | Elite Partner

We'd also love to have various permission levels within the quote tool or an option to partition quotes within HubSpot. 

MWolf
Top Contributor

Yes, I do need a security feature for quote links, too. Currently, sharing quote links with clients in highly sensitive/confidential areas is a security risk. Thus, making it impossible to use for parts of client businesses. 

PEvans
HubSpot Employee

Great idea! 

color

I find this a must have for every company. It is very unsafe as well as unprofessional to have public links with customers' buying information accessible to everyone online. We are currently downloading all our quotes as PDFs before sending them thorugh more secure mediums.

This is a big pain in using the HubSpot quoting tool, and hopefully fixed with urgency. 

ericmelliott

This would be a game changer for Hubspot. Right now when we sent out quotes, a buyer can send the link to other people to view our pricing and quotes. If we can password protect quotes with email it somehow commands respect for the proposal.

jzeesman
Participant | Gold Partner

I'm surprised that a security risk like this hasn't been addressed. It doesn't help our clients and potential clients feel like HubSpot is safe and/or secure when simple things like this go overlooked.

NThayer

Yes, I am also really surprised that this isn't possible given the information which is exposed in terms of IPR and PII.

Hubspot, how does this sit with your commitment to privacy? https://www.hubspot.com/data-privacy/gdpr 

Are we missing something...?

CKerns

Has there been any update on the above regarding password protection/ mitigation of security risk with the public URL generation? Thanks!

KGering

I echo many of your statements above. Password protection is a must for my company, a cybersecurity application vendor selling value-based software with variable discounting. These quotes can't become public.

RajeshBajaj

@hubspot any update in this. This is really a deal breaker for us. This may result us in shifting out of using your tool.

Stephan_S
Participant

This is a security issue and, depending on the client, a deal breaker. Long term, we can't continue to link quotes with non-password protected URLs. 

milcapeguero
Top Contributor

We really need this feature. @hubspot please help us with this. 

sbrandes

I agree. We need password protection on quotes too (or at least links that can only be opened a certain number of times). What's your status on this, @hubspot?

MAnderson67

Need this urgently! Not secure to use quotes without password protection

YTT322

Need it badly! 

tarnoldd
HubSpot Employee

Would be really helpful to have a feature to make quotes more secure as anyone with the link can access the quote!

Stephan_S
Participant

Hi @tarnoldd,

It's been 2-1/2 years and 25 upvotes since this issue was first raised by @Rkeane. Does your affimation as a Hubspot employee mean that that Hubspot will consider adding the feature? How many upvotes does it take?

Until sending quotes is a secure process, it's a broken feature for any company or salesperson that cares about security and client confidentiality.

Cheers, Stephan

NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator

+1 needed!

EmilyRaines

We are new to the HubSpot Professional and quoting tool, and we're shocked at the lack of security and confidentiality of quotes. This is a huge need. Sharing should be isolated to the authorized email domain.

Unfortunately, this may require us to look at alternative sales solutions.