HubSpot Ideas

Trevor

Parent-child company properties available for workflows

Hello, this would be helpful for multiple reasons. An example of a use case would be to create a workflow to copy the parent company Hubspot owner to its child companies. Thanks!

HubSpotからのアップデート
ステータスに更新: Delivered
December 06, 2023 01:33 PM

Hi All - 

This is now live! You can now create same object associations for more than just companies (so contact to contact etc.) and you can access data from these associated same objects in workflows and use it to update your records. You'll also be able to send emails in workflows to the enrolled contacts, associated contacts. 

For more information on how to set up these associations you can check out the Associate records knowledge base article, and for more information on how to use associated object data in workflows using the Data Panel, you can check out the Create workflows knowledge base article. 

Thanks,

Emma

October 19, 2023 07:39 AM

Hey @JDavis08 - The knowledge base article I shared in my last post will show you how to use these associations throughout the workflow tool, so I definitely recommend taking a look at that to see how. You'd either use the Set Property Value action or the Copy Property Value action to update a property on the parent or child. This is linked to the exact spot (or the bullet below for Copy Property Value) in the knowledge base article which should be the most helpful!

ステータスに更新: In Beta
October 18, 2023 08:05 AM

Hi All,

Just a quick update from the HubSpot product team! The public beta which allows you to access your parent-child company data in workflows is now open, enabling you to update properties on either the enrolled company or it's parent/child. As a part of this, the team has also rolled out the ability to associate records of the same object, other than companies, for example contact to contact. Once you set up these associations you will also be able to access their data in workflows.

To join the public beta just open your portal, click on the name of your portal on the top right, click on "Product Updates", and then look for the beta titled "Associate Records of the Same Object Type". For more information on how to set up these associations and access them in workflows, you can check out the Knowledge Base article

Thanks,

Emma

October 02, 2023 08:59 AM

Hi Everyone - I'm a product manager on the Automation team at HubSpot.

The ability to access data from parent/child companies in workflows, as well as from other same objects (for example contacts that are associated to each other), is currently in the final rounds of testing and bug bashing! Will update this status once it's in public beta and you can request access in your portal. 

Thanks for this feedback and your patience here!

Best,

Emma

ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
May 18, 2020 01:18 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jesse Tremblay, Product Manager for our Automation products here at HubSpot. Thanks for all of your feedback on this thread.

While we don't currently have anything planned here, we are going to be reviewing this idea. We will update this thread as we learn more.

Best,

Jesse

105件のコメント
dulbert
参加者

Agreed! Was just searching for this functionality.

iward
メンバー

Absolutely.  I would like to copy parent account properties to the child account properties, i.e. Billing Address, owner, etc...

ricardocici
メンバー

Need this too

OmriNegri
メンバー

Super need it

Carly_Farlow
投稿者

Yes! I mostly need it to assign company owner from Parent company to all Child companies. We assign same owner from Parent down to all the child, since they fall under the same contract. 

Niallp7
参加者 | Diamond Partner

Great idea. Would be really useful!

EdgarTichelaar
参加者

exactly what we need: in order to prevent sales reps targeting the same company but on different locations (or alterntive domains; .com .eu .nl ..etc).

pleeeeeaaase add this!!

TomHodge
参加者

I know this thread is almost 3 years old, however this would be hugely helpful for me - another feature that would save days of work. I can create a workflow enrollment based on the Parent Company, so would really expect to be able to set the parent/child relationship in a workflow too. 

JerryKoch
参加者

This would be very helpful for us as well!  We would like the child company to inherit the owner of the parent company. 

ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
jtremblay
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jesse Tremblay, Product Manager for our Automation products here at HubSpot. Thanks for all of your feedback on this thread.

While we don't currently have anything planned here, we are going to be reviewing this idea. We will update this thread as we learn more.

Best,

Jesse

hannahflat
投稿者

This would be a really helpful tool. It seems so strange that right now the only way to do this is do to it manually. Imagine how much time that could take! 

timothy-h
メンバー

Agreed, it would be very helpful to be able to copy properties from a parent company to a child. 

flippyfloppies
メンバー

Just responding to bring more attention to this -- I have company properties that once updated for one company, I need to be reflected up to the parent company and across all other child companies. 

lukecullimoreBi
メンバー

+1

Really need this, our segmentation status needs to exist on the Parent Company and all Child companies must have the same Segmentation property.

mcraciun
HubSpot Employee

+1 would love to see this! 

Carly_Watson
参加者

This would alleviate so much work for us! Exporting and reimporting all the time is way more work than it should be.

JanB
メンバー

This would would save us hours of work. 

dhika
メンバー

Totally agree with this idea. While the OP was about copying company ownership, would be even better if we can pick and choose what parent company information we'd like a child company to inherit automatically, especially since trigger by association via workflow is currently just nigh impossible to make.

wicara
参加者

Yes would be great, I am working with a lot of government bodies which have a URL structure that can easily be assigned to a parent body. shcools etc 

would be great to be able to set the parent company in a workflow as there are 100s of children in this instance

jpmacedo
参加者

I need this a lot too, in my case, i need to copy a property from the parent to child company that tells my support team how they should attend these companies.