HubSpot Ideas

Trevor

Parent-child company properties available for workflows

Hello, this would be helpful for multiple reasons. An example of a use case would be to create a workflow to copy the parent company Hubspot owner to its child companies. Thanks!

105 Replies
dulbert
Participant

Agreed! Was just searching for this functionality.

iward

Absolutely.  I would like to copy parent account properties to the child account properties, i.e. Billing Address, owner, etc...

ricardocici

Need this too

OmriNegri

Super need it

Carly_Farlow
Contributor

Yes! I mostly need it to assign company owner from Parent company to all Child companies. We assign same owner from Parent down to all the child, since they fall under the same contract. 

Niallp7
Participant | Diamond Partner

Great idea. Would be really useful!

EdgarTichelaar
Participant

exactly what we need: in order to prevent sales reps targeting the same company but on different locations (or alterntive domains; .com .eu .nl ..etc).

pleeeeeaaase add this!!

TomHodge
Participant

I know this thread is almost 3 years old, however this would be hugely helpful for me - another feature that would save days of work. I can create a workflow enrollment based on the Parent Company, so would really expect to be able to set the parent/child relationship in a workflow too. 

JerryKoch
Participant

This would be very helpful for us as well!  We would like the child company to inherit the owner of the parent company. 

jtremblay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jesse Tremblay, Product Manager for our Automation products here at HubSpot. Thanks for all of your feedback on this thread.

While we don't currently have anything planned here, we are going to be reviewing this idea. We will update this thread as we learn more.

Best,

Jesse

hannahflat
Contributor

This would be a really helpful tool. It seems so strange that right now the only way to do this is do to it manually. Imagine how much time that could take! 

timothy-h

Agreed, it would be very helpful to be able to copy properties from a parent company to a child. 

flippyfloppies

Just responding to bring more attention to this -- I have company properties that once updated for one company, I need to be reflected up to the parent company and across all other child companies. 

lukecullimoreBi

+1

Really need this, our segmentation status needs to exist on the Parent Company and all Child companies must have the same Segmentation property.

mcraciun
HubSpot Employee

+1 would love to see this! 

Carly_Watson
Participant

This would alleviate so much work for us! Exporting and reimporting all the time is way more work than it should be.

JanB

This would would save us hours of work. 

dhika

Totally agree with this idea. While the OP was about copying company ownership, would be even better if we can pick and choose what parent company information we'd like a child company to inherit automatically, especially since trigger by association via workflow is currently just nigh impossible to make.

wicara
Participant

Yes would be great, I am working with a lot of government bodies which have a URL structure that can easily be assigned to a parent body. shcools etc 

would be great to be able to set the parent company in a workflow as there are 100s of children in this instance

jpmacedo
Participant

I need this a lot too, in my case, i need to copy a property from the parent to child company that tells my support team how they should attend these companies.