HubSpot Ideas

Qt

Parent-Child hierarchy feature for campaigns

We'd like to be able to track and report on a group of related campaigns in a parent-child hierarchial way. For example, this can be done in Salesforce. See here: https://campaigncal.com/blog-whats-new/2016/6/1/parent-child-hierarchies-in-salesforce-campaigns 

Actualizaciones de HubSpot
Estado actualizado a: Being Reviewed
August 24, 2023 02:49 AM

Hi all, 

Please find below the latest update in regards to this feature request. 
As it stands, the 2 main benefits of a 'parent-child' hierachy are to (1) better organise campaigns (with individual campaigns feeding into a big/ parent campaign) and to (2) to track the performance of both: individual and parent campaigns.

Today, 'Campaigns custom properties' (the beta feature referenced in my update of March) is available for everyone working with the Campaigns tool. This feature can help to better organise campaigns. More details can be found here

However, we recognize that this workaround is not the full solution as it misses the important reporting functionalities. 

Those reporting functionalities are currently planned for next year as we improve the overall Campaigns reporting functionality, aligned with feedback we've heard over the last months and years.

Once there is a clear timeline and expected launch dates for 'parent-child hierachies' in Campaigns, I will update this post accordingly. 

Best regards,

Jenny Mueller 

March 09, 2023 03:52 AM

Hi everyone, 

My name is Jenny Mueller and I'm the Product Manager of Campaigns. Thanks for your feedback and comments! 

I understand that a 'parent child' hierachy has 2 core benefits:

1. A better organisation of Campaigns 

2. Accumulated reporting 

The first benefit can be solved in different ways that already exist within Campaigns. The latest, and probably most useful, way for you to better organise your Campaigns is our new Campaigns beta called 'Custom Properties for Marketing Campaigns'. This is available for all regions, you should find it under the "Betas" section under Product Updates in the main top-right menu in your account. This is a quick link that should redirect you: https://app.hubspot.com/l/whats-new/betas Note: you need to be an admin on your account to access this page.
If you have any questions on how to use this feature to better organise your campaigns and create a parent-child hierachy, please let me know in the comments and tag me. Once this beta feature is available for all Campaigns customers, we will inform you (through the Product Updates section). 

The second benefit then focuses on a way to report on your parent and child campaigns. We have started reviewing this requests and would like to understand your Campaign reporting requirements further. 

Over the next week, our research team will be running research to understand more about your HubSpot Campaigns experience. 
The research will focus on 3 core areas:

• How are you currently reporting on marketing campaign performance?
  • What are your out-of-the-box reporting needs?
  • What are the current inconsistencies in marketing channel reporting in HubSpot?

Here's how this works: 

• We'll schedule a 60-minute call over the next week
  • We'll chat through a Zoom video link that our research team will send you 
  • All you need to do is have your computer ready and click the link to join 

If you're interested in participating, please fill out this short survey. If you match the criteria for a session, we’ll be in touch with further details.

Once you complete the research study, we’ll send you an e-gift card of your choice worth $100 USD through BHN rewards to thank you for your time and valuable feedback. Please note that by participating in this research study, you acknowledge and agree to HubSpot's User Research Participation Agreement

I am looking forward to your reply! 

Any other questions/ comments/ feedback, feel free to reach out anytime.

Best,

Jenny Mueller 

May 25, 2020 07:25 AM

Hi all! Similar to my update just now on https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-external-pages-to-be-associated-with-a-Campaign/idi-p/34693 the good news here is that we're focused on a substantial upgrade to the campaigns infrastructure to make it possible for us to expand the functionality of the app well beyond what we have today. This work will get us to a point where it will be possible for us to add on a lot more capability including introducing a parent / child structure to the data. 

I had a couple follow up questions specifically related to parent / child relationship that I was hoping you might be able to clear up for me. Specifically I'm hoping you can help me get to the bottom of exactly what the "parent" level of the campaign would need to provide. I.e. would you just need an out-of-the-box dashboard that showed the rolled up performance of all the children, or something more than that? 

The reason I ask is I'm wondering if something along the lines of folders for campaigns (i.e. folder = parent) would get you the functionality you needed if the folder could be used as a filter to see data for all campaigns within. Or alternatively a "tagging" feature where you could tag the campaigns as "co-marketing", "event 2020", etc and then use these tags as a way to report on everything within. Thoughts? 

For extra bonus points I'd love to learn more about how you're currently using the Campaigns app and other places we could improve. If you have a little extra time I'd really appreciate if you could check out this survey and share your thoughts: https://www.research.net/r/campaignsfeedback052020. Thank you!

74 Comentarios
danigallozzi
Miembro

Finding this in 2023 after trying to figuring this out myself and bummed 5+ years later this isn't implemented. This would be such a key feature and should be added! 

Emily__Do
Miembro

This would be super useful. We are trying to drill down to different goals (main campaign) and then evaluate based on campaigns (sub campaigns) but we currently can not do this. It looks like it was submitted a while back and being reviewed, does anyone know what the next step is and how long it is from review to the feature going live? It would be good to know how other people are looking a sub campaigns. @Shay 

CStill
Miembro

We need this feature to help organize our marketing calendar. With so many marketing channels running through HubSpot, it is great to have visibility into everything on the calendar. However, with multiple teams using the platform, the calendar gets cluttered to the point where it's no longer usable. There is the option of filtering by campaign, but that creates a manual task of adding new campaigns to a saved calendar view. If we could put all sub-campaigns for a single team under one parent, we could easily filter the calendar view.

ekurze_zlz
Miembro

I am shocked that this isn't a default feature, especially in 2023. Being able to report on campaign groupings in a hierarchical way is key to all our activities. I beg of you, please fix.

Kalvarado8
Participante
Yeah, okay. Seriously. HubSpot – Please. I’ve been on this thread for months and keep seeing new responses from other users, but nothing from HubSpot. For marketing’s sake, can you let us know we’re not alone in the void? Please? Anyone?
GBurrows
Miembro

This is definitely an important feature to have! 

JennyMueller
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi everyone, 

My name is Jenny Mueller and I'm the Product Manager of Campaigns. Thanks for your feedback and comments! 

I understand that a 'parent child' hierachy has 2 core benefits:

1. A better organisation of Campaigns 

2. Accumulated reporting 

The first benefit can be solved in different ways that already exist within Campaigns. The latest, and probably most useful, way for you to better organise your Campaigns is our new Campaigns beta called 'Custom Properties for Marketing Campaigns'. This is available for all regions, you should find it under the "Betas" section under Product Updates in the main top-right menu in your account. This is a quick link that should redirect you: https://app.hubspot.com/l/whats-new/betas Note: you need to be an admin on your account to access this page.
If you have any questions on how to use this feature to better organise your campaigns and create a parent-child hierachy, please let me know in the comments and tag me. Once this beta feature is available for all Campaigns customers, we will inform you (through the Product Updates section). 

The second benefit then focuses on a way to report on your parent and child campaigns. We have started reviewing this requests and would like to understand your Campaign reporting requirements further. 

Over the next week, our research team will be running research to understand more about your HubSpot Campaigns experience. 
The research will focus on 3 core areas:

• How are you currently reporting on marketing campaign performance?
  • What are your out-of-the-box reporting needs?
  • What are the current inconsistencies in marketing channel reporting in HubSpot?

Here's how this works: 

• We'll schedule a 60-minute call over the next week
  • We'll chat through a Zoom video link that our research team will send you 
  • All you need to do is have your computer ready and click the link to join 

If you're interested in participating, please fill out this short survey. If you match the criteria for a session, we’ll be in touch with further details.

Once you complete the research study, we’ll send you an e-gift card of your choice worth $100 USD through BHN rewards to thank you for your time and valuable feedback. Please note that by participating in this research study, you acknowledge and agree to HubSpot's User Research Participation Agreement

I am looking forward to your reply! 

Any other questions/ comments/ feedback, feel free to reach out anytime.

Best,

Jenny Mueller 

RJFLO
Participante

Hi Jenny, do you have any update on this functionality since you launched the research in march?

ChrisDraeger888
Participante

Yes, any updates @JennyMueller ?

DMohsenipour
Miembro

@JennyMueller are there any updates on this? 

I've tried several times to look for the beta and can't access it.

JennyMueller
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi all, 

Please find below the latest update in regards to this feature request. 
As it stands, the 2 main benefits of a 'parent-child' hierachy are to (1) better organise campaigns (with individual campaigns feeding into a big/ parent campaign) and to (2) to track the performance of both: individual and parent campaigns.

Today, 'Campaigns custom properties' (the beta feature referenced in my update of March) is available for everyone working with the Campaigns tool. This feature can help to better organise campaigns. More details can be found here

However, we recognize that this workaround is not the full solution as it misses the important reporting functionalities. 

Those reporting functionalities are currently planned for next year as we improve the overall Campaigns reporting functionality, aligned with feedback we've heard over the last months and years.

Once there is a clear timeline and expected launch dates for 'parent-child hierachies' in Campaigns, I will update this post accordingly. 

Best regards,

Jenny Mueller 

RCook8
Miembro

why is this not a standard feature already it's been 'comign soon, since 2017 

JKruger
Miembro

The detailed recommendations by a few users are spot on!

From a marketing perspective, a parent/child relationship is key. Every campaign has several assets, which may drive to different CTAs/assets. Ultimately, being able to say Campaign X, with the child relationships (however a marketer wants to break it out), would be helpful.  Even more helpful, would be the ability to build reports on activities of the campaign and create an overall dashboard.

Below is another example of how a parent/child campaign could be broken down. This shows the importance of being able to properly track the medium and the asset that drove the conversion/form submission

Parent: Campaign XYZ

Child Campaign 1: Email Series

• Assets driven to
    • Blog
    • Webpage
    • Schedule a Demo
    • Request a Quote
    • Newsletter Signup
    • Brochure 
    • Webinar

Child Campaign 2: Paid Social

• Assets Driven to
    • Schedule a Demo
    • Brochure Download
    • Webinar

Child Campaign 3: Organic Social

• Blog
  • Webpage
  • Schedule a Demo
  • Brochure Download
  • Webinar

Child Campaign 4: Paid Search

• Assets driven to
    • Landing Page
    • Sitelinks (Blogs, Brochure Downloads, Webpage)

Child Campaign 5: Paid Display/Retargeting

• Assets driven to
    • Landing Page

Salesforce and Pardot allow for this, this is a must-have for marketers using HubSpot. 

HanzWil
Miembro

Really need this functionality so we can keep Salesforce and Hubspot in check with each other!