HubSpot Ideas

ClemOaky

Parent Child Relationship for Deals

In the industry we work in (hotels), you may have a Parent (the Hotel Chain) and a lot of children (the individual hotels).

We need to have a Parent / Child relationship on a deal level, where the Parent Deal is the sum of all individual Children deals.

39 Replies
colbertcc

We are in the technology business. We need to have Parent-child relations in Deals. We also need to have the Parent contain the sum of the Child deals. 

Without this, we have to do additional manual work. 

NPanchdhar

We are in Service Industry and We are looking for a similar option in Deal. There are always new asks in the middle of a contract which requires Change orders. Thereby, having an option to create a sub-deal within the existing Deal should be very helpful to keep all teh data in one place and make it easy to measure and track projects. 

GEiselt
Contributor

Really need this as well. We use Deal records for both company-level contracts as well as project-level management and invoicing. Would be amazing to be able to associate project deals with the company-level contract deal to measure total revenue earned as a result of company-level partnerships!

ClemOaky
Participant

I have just had a glance at how easily and elegantly Salesforce has solved this issue long ago.  This is the first time that a Salesforce feature made me doubt if we should continue with Hubspot 😞 

Dan1
Guide

Hi All, 

Totally agree with this idea, so much so we have made it happen within OrgChartHub. This is the visual you can get on your parent and child relationships, showing the sum of your deals rolling up to the parent.

It is just going out on BETA, so if you would like to try it out please let me know happy to give you access.  

OrgChartHub - Child deals rolling up to the parent .png

If you would like to watch a short demo of it in action please see below: 

I hope this helps you. 

All the best, 

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub & GeoMapper named in the Top 30 HubSpot Apps  
Dan1_0-1642776685149.png

jlat-newton
Participant

We also need this functionnality to keep track of cross-sell (children) deals related to a source (parent) deal. 

Instead we have to use a custom "Children deals" text property in which we right each child deal ID...

JRosca

This feature would be very beneficial for me and my colleagues. We are frequently working on large projects that are broken down in sub-projects. In some cases they are spearheaded by the same client, while in other cases its sub-contracted out to multiple third parties, so it woul be nice to be able to track the individual sub-projects under the same "umbrella" project.

WSchultz

We sell to a dealer network and then help service the end customer that the dealers sell to.  This feature would be great to help track that sort of set up.

JPIFerguson

This is an absolutely necessary feature, it would be incredibly helpful, especially when dealing with multinational/multi-branch companies or conducting various deals in different sectors of horizontally-integrated companies. At present I have not been able to find an elegant workaround to this problem. 

Please action this idea. 

Juhi_06
Participant

We are looking for this feature for almost 2 years now. Our sales team is facing a lot of issues in managing deals from Subsidiaries. We have to create a separate deal for every org. HubSpot team please make this feature live on priority or else we need to move to SF only for this feature.

TomLz
Participant

Same need here where we are dealing with giant corporation with very intricate deals. Honestly consdering changing CRM provider because of it, it is really hard to have a global vision in the current state.

JKrauss
Participant

This is absolutely necessary! We deal with franchises and need a way to manage each location as a child deal with it's own qualifications, under the main parent deal.

HLTaylor

Yes, pleeeeaaasssseeee! 

When a deal goes through our new business process, the amount is listed as the proposed amount for the whole project (website design and development project, for example).

We're trying to pull another part of our process into HubSpot related to our contract internal review process and financial revenue forecasting (we're T&M and bill monthly, so we have to create this report manually in a big excel file to distribute the total contact amount between the start and end dates for the projects). 

When we track/review contracts, the contract amount gets broken out from the original deal amount for strategy, design & dev, etc. as needed. We need to track these idependently but are now running into over calculating with the new biz deal vs. the actual contract/SOW approval process.

SSummers

+1 for sure! We are new to using HubSpot and within the first month have already found this to be a huge need.

NGauthier

Does HubSpot read and take action on notes like these? It seems like a pretty basic need for most companies that provide licensing and resell information. It would save a ton of headaches when first implemeting Hubspot overall.

Juhi_06
Participant

I am surprised that HubSpot still hasn't made this feature live despite so many upvotes. Many companies have moved out of HubSpot because of this functionality alone. 

tmitch_sona
Participant

Please can we let parent and child companies talk to each other! It's so frustrating that they can't within native Hubspot functionality, seems to totally defeat the object of having a hierarchy.a

lstephenson

Same for us - we we need to track multiple deals across 1 business or link them. 

Qwiek
Contributor

Yes the total amount of the child would be nice to incorparate in the Target Account functionality