PWA and Service Worker support

Hello,

can you add the possibility to use Service Worker with HubSpot pages?

It became a very important part of web and webdeveloping, every browser supports it in this moment, even page rank in Google can depent on it and we can't use this basic thing (it's a basic thing now) with HubSpot.

One of the problems is that sw.js and manifest.json can be placed only on mydomain.com/hubfs and it does not have an access to the domain root mydomain.com/ where the website is available.

I could only put sw.js in website directory (i can't do it with .json) but in this case I don't know what is the script url, it's not mydomain.com/sw.js in this case.

The other thing is that I can't cache the files like index.html by using Service Worker because I don't know what is the index.html url and /index.html doesn't work.

It is a really big issue.

HubSpot updates
4 Replies
Jon_McLaren Esteemed Contributor | Platinum Partner
Esteemed Contributor | Platinum Partner

I too have projects I'm working on where they want us to build a pwa and this is kinda screwing things up.

JAbella
Regular Contributor

Any updates? This is a rate-limiting factor for my company.

Jon_McLaren Esteemed Contributor | Platinum Partner
Esteemed Contributor | Platinum Partner

You can do this now, using the proxy feature in URL mappings. allows you to make it seem like a file is anywhere you want.

JAbella
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the heads up,@Jon_McLaren!!  Cat Surprised Every day an education for me on this platform.