HubSpot Ideas

AndreasB

PDF version of quotes through API

Hi,

It would be really nice if there was possible to fetch a PDF version of quotes through the API. So that they can be sent through other integrations and to other systems.

There is already a "download quote"  button on quotes that generates a PDF, so it seems like the implementing such feature in the APIs would be logical. 

We already have customers that want this feature, so right now there is a demand for this functionality. 

11 Replies
rhenry
HubSpot Employee

Hello Andreas, 

I know we connected directly through the App Partner program but just wanted to reply to your query here too. Unfortunately, this is not possible right now but I have shared your use case with the Quotes product manager for future consideration. 

Thank you for the suggestion. 

joaopgms

Hello, any recent developments on this subject?

I also have clients interested in this feature.

TElghawaby

Hi,

Would be nice to know if this was something that is on your roadmap to be developped. We would like to be able to include Hubspot generated quote PDFs in our Digital Sales Rooms through our Hubspot integration but are unable to due to the lack of this end point. 

rhenry
HubSpot Employee

Hi @joaopgms  and @TElghawaby , 

We have recently updated the Quotes API with some new features (which are are currently in beta). 

So now when a Quote switches to a "Published" state the "hs_pdf_download_link" property is populated with a URL of the PDF for the quote.

Hope this helps! 
Rahmona

ross_man

hi @rhenry  - thanks for this update. it looks like i am able to pull the quote download link for recent quotes, but this link seem to expire after a certain amount of time. is this by design? 

the expiration makes this a tough work-around because the link i'm able to pull for pdf download basically isnt reliable, so we still have to manually go and download the pdf, upload to our own server, and relink in our system 

MRamar

Hi @rhenry ,

I want to download the Quotes that are expired and published, but this is currently not supported in the API system. 

Could you tell me any workaround to achieve the same? If not, can we have flag kinda thing in the API payload to download the Expired quotes too?

rhenry
HubSpot Employee

Hi @MRamar , 

If you use the GET api.hubspot.com/crm/v3/objects/quotes endpoint, it willl return all quotes for a given account. 
You can then filter the results by 'hs_expiration_date' and 'hs_status' to extract expired quotes and quotes that are published, ie. have a status of  'APPROVAL_NOT_NEEDED' or 'APPROVED'.

MRamar

Thanks for the reply @RHentz 

I don't see a problem in listing all the quotes. But I couldn't get the PDF when the respective quote expired. If I open the "hs_pdf_download_link" value it shows 404.. 
Basically I want to extract the hs_pdf_download_link even for expired quotes.

rhenry
HubSpot Employee

Hi @MRamar , 

Thank you for the clarification. 
It looks like the API doesn't expose expired links via the 'hs_pdf_download_link' and 'hs_quote_link properties'. 

Can you share more details as to why you need access to expired quotes? 
The use case will be helpful for our Product team.  As this is an 'Ideas' thread the use case will be reviewed by the HubSpot Product team for consideration for future enhancements to the API. 

Milmor

Hi @rhenry,

I'm also keenly interested in this feature.

Access to the "hs_pdf_download_link" field for expired quotes would be particularly valuable, especially upon signing or approval. These documents often contain crucial information for our clients, such as payment schedules and terms, which are essential for their understanding and satisfaction.

Best Regards,

Marco

rhenry
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Milmor , 

Thanks for adding your use case.
You'll note at the top of the post there's a status tag 'Idea Submitted', which means the idea has been submitted to the HubSpot Product team. You'll get a notification if the Product team change the status to 'In Planning'.

Rahmona