HubSpot Ideas

nmantegani

Outlook add-in: Show "To" Addressee in Contact Profile instead of "CC"

Noticing that when adding "To" addressees and "CC" addressees in Outlook with the HubSpot Sales add-in installed, whichever address is entered more recently in the compose window will generate the contact profile on the right-hand side of the window.

As seen in screenshots, the "To" addressee was added first, and the contact profile generated with their information. After adding a "CC" addressee, the contact profile is updated to show their information instead. Adding further addressees to either field will regenerate the info in the contact profile each time.

If possible, we'd like a way to control these profiles to only show the most recent addressee listed in the "To" field (and ignore addressees in the "CC" field), with the use case being the "CC" addressees are typically considered "less important" and we wouldn't need their contact profiles generated in Outlook.

Thank you!

to example.PNGcc example.PNG

3 Replies
RonnIsrael

Basically it makes the in mail panel useless. Usually the last one to be added to the list is the less important one. It is hard for me to believe that this is the way your product wanted the system to behave.

For HubSpot this is risky. As a sales & BD VP my main problem is to make my guys work with the system. Usually they will not jump in immediately. The idea is to make them fall in love with the system and make them feel it helps them. This way we create the opposite.

LChester
Participant

Absolutely agree. My users are very frustrated by the fact that they can't control which recipient's details appear in the contact panel. Please can we have a way of controlling which contact is displayed, for instance if you click on an email (whether in the To or CC field) ?

Jordan-Pa

Any updates on this? It is very frustrating, the contact in the "to" should be showed as a default, not the one in cc/bcc.