Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Organizing smart form fields for progressive profiling

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 23 votes.

With smart form fields, it would be great to organize the order of smart fields within the default form.

E.g. I have 2 clusters: personal information (name, email, phone number) followed by company info (company name, industry, job title).

I made phone number and job title 'smart' so they can be replaced by 'number of employees' and 'biggest marketing challenge'.

So this means that, when I already have the phone number of someone, it will be replaced by #employees. This is "weird" since in the order of the form, I ask #employees before asking the company name. But it's also weird to put phone number under all the company data. So re-ordering the form with smart fields would be the solution here.

This is just a detail, but this simple feature would increase the effectiveness of my forms.

HubSpot updates
15 Comentarios
cherylfalk
Colaborador ocasional

I called in Hubspot support about this one and they provided a couple of workarounds. These are not optimal, but might help.

1) Make your Privacy Policy statement a separate Rich Text field under your form. On Hubspot landing pages, this is fine and easy enough to implement. If you're using the embed code for forms on a WordPress site, there's a bit more involved. (Our web guy hates me right now.)

2) Make the checkbox (or in @JoeDavies' case, Yes / No) a dependent field on the email address. Then at least the consent is tied to the email address. *The problem with that one* is that I haven't found a way to have that dependent checkbox field visible at all times. Because it's a dependent field (in my case set to the condition that "email address is not empty"), the field pops up after the user clicks submit. The user then has to check the box and click submit again. UX is horrible. (Any ideas on this one, @Shay?)

Good luck!

KevinOlleroch
Nuevo miembro

Would be great if the GDPR compliance statement "I agree to..." could be on the bottom of every formular. 

Currently the smart formular is not usable ...

Best Regards, 

Kevin

Uusteri
Colaborador ocasional

@KevinOlleroch I completely agree, Smart forms are not usable for the moment being... 

Would be really great if a fix could be found before the GDPR law comes in place.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Philip

JordiSintes
Nuevo miembro

Hi,

I have created a workaround. It's techy but it works.

1. Set your form as a flex-box on CSS Style:

.hs-form {
    display: flex;
    flex-direction: column;
}

2. Get the field class and set it to the parent fieldset (change the bold text in your form code):

hbspt.forms.create({
    css: '',
    portalId: 'XXXX',
    formId: 'XXX',
    onFormReady: function($form, ctx){
      jQuery('.formHubspot fieldset').addClass(function(){
        return jQuery(this).find('.hs-form-field').attr('class').split(' ')[0];
      });
    },

});

3. Use the the CSS property order on your CSS to set the order of the fieldsets:

Example:

.hs_firstname {
  order: 1;
}
.hs_email {
  order: 10;
}
.hs_company {
  order: 15;
}

.hs_num_employees { /*custom progressive field it will appear between email and company on progressive profiling*/
  order: 12;
}
.hs_i_want_to_receive_the_newsletter {
  order: 997;
}
.hs_submit.hs-submit {
  order: 999;
}

Hope it helps!

rafael_ibrahimi
Nuevo colaborador

Same here! Functionality to rearrange the queued progressive fields within forms.