HubSpot Ideas

YiRui_Chua

Order of associations within record

Hi team,

Commenting for a customer here.

Currently, when deals are associated with a contact, the "order" of which the deals are arranged seem to be random. This is confirmed with the community thread here. I feel that we should allow customers to have default ordering of associations, be it by create date or close date.

Even if such an option is not available, it shouldn't  be random. I tried within my own portal, close date/ create date/ alphabetical etc, but they don't seem to follow any real pattern.

Thanks!

23 Replies
JosieCpoz

I've been told they appear in the order they are created within your contact.  That does not work well at all, especially when we've needed to sync many orders / deals from before we used HubSpot.  Would really love to see the option to sort the associated deals chronologically asap.

Thanks!

Jon-RevenueOps
Contributor | Gold Partner

This is a huge issue, especially ordering of contacts on the company records for orgs using service hub. By default its the create date, so the most valuable contacts involved in the initial sale/onboarding, get pushed out of view as contacts come in for service. Being able to set contacts as "main POC" etc and keep those at the top would be super helpful. I run into this issue on nearly every portal that I work on for my customers. 

CalebWarner

I'm having a similar issue when I am creating custom objects via workflow. I have them set to create in a certain order in the WF, but they populate in a totally random order, making it difficult to keep track of where I am looking.

A "sort" functionality for record association sections would be greatly appreciated as I have one deal with 66 cards in a custom object section.

swiss-oliver
Contributor | Elite Partner

I support this idea. Besides ordering by create and close date, also order by deal stages or at least closed deals vs open deals should be possible.

3remes

yes we need this, importing old datas and need to show the latest few cards at first glance.

KristinHalls

Adding a vote to this! We utilize hubspot for a travel planning service and every ticket that we create under a contact is a "trip" so once a trip comes and goes, we Close the Ticket... so it'd be nice to have those tickets auto-sort to the bottom of the list in the Contact view. 

CElis
Contributor

I second this notion. 

With 99+ deals on a contact a random order just doesn't work. 

Roger
Contributor

This is just rediculus! It should be possible to set an order on this preview cards and even the possibility to hide certain types, like cancelled orders o.e. 

We would really appreciate to have a solution on that. 

vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

For those of you not yet in the know, a new beta was released a few weeks ago which should help you with this issue!

If you're an Admin, click on your profile (top right) and select Product Updates. Then choose Betas (bottom left). The beta is called "CRM Record Overview" - you'll need to alert users that you're switching it on! But you can turn it on for yourself to test it first.

The beta adds an extra Overview "tab" to the centre portion of your screen. It also allows you to collapse the right sidebar. For Companies, Contacts, Deals and Tickets you can then select the objects you'd like to be displayed in the Overview tab, and most importantly, you can select the properties you'd like displayed for each (including custom fields) - and you can SORT by them. You can also select four 'highlight' fields to be displayed at the top of the tab - and you can choose to show recent communications as well.  

Please see @KyleJepson in action in this video where he explains the new Overview tab: https://youtu.be/-nUlmjTiHHI

I think you'll rather love it when you get use to tailoring the objects and properties displayed! 🧡 

YMougin

BEST UPGRADE EVER... for now

clmontgomery
Participant

@vanessahunt thanks for sharing.

The overview tab is a good start, but it's currently more confusing/in-the-way than it is helpful.

As you can see in Kyle's video, the Overview Tab almost entirely duplicates what is on the right side bar, rendering either one redundant. The Overview Tab also takes users *away* from the Activities feed, which is a hallmark of most strong CRMs. Indeed, it is one of HubSpot's strengths when you can see pageviews, meetings scheduled, whatsapp messages, notes, and linkedin DMs, in addition to the standard calls and emails. Kyle and team attempt to cover for this by pulling in a "Recent Communications" section but this is more a band-aid than a substantial solution to the issue. So many of my users (who this feature is now live for) are now wondering where their Activities feed went. When adoption is an issue (common for any CRM admin) "just switch between the two tabs" is not an actual solution.

At this point hopefully HubSpot plans to either:

1. Replace the right panel with the Overview tab
  2. Take the functionality from the Overview tab, remove the Overview tab, and infuse the functionality into the right panel
  3. Perhaps something else we aren't seeing
MStrebor75
Contributor

We really need this feature, like a permanent view save. I have been running into this and keep having to reorder the list. It's a bit inefficient. 

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Saw this in a similar Community thread asking to re-order associated invoices from Xero. I think that would be great. 

HPaponPerrier

I vote +++ for this

PRoussel

I agree with this proposal, I have the same need

EMNABACCOUR

Yes this feature is much needed

AMiller0

This feature is great ut does seem redundant to the cards that are available in the right hand side bar

BWinters

This is really important so that a sales rep can quickly see who the primary contact is when they are in the company record

JHebrink

For sure.  Seems very simple and having to scroll through a list of deals to find the one that is "open" and you are working on is a pain.  At least have a filter of "Open" deals vs "Closed" deals.

JStreit1
Member | Elite Partner

It would be highly valuable to add the customization to allow teams to determine what order they want different records to be sorted in the right sidebar. For example, for deals, it might make sense to have ones with more recent close dates appear first compared to using create date. But you might want a different order for contacts or companies. Ideally the option to customize by ascending/descending and by what date property (or even alphabetical) would be fantastic.