HubSpot Ideas

basil

Order of Email Threads Should be Newest First

The chronology logic of the timeline is currently inconsistent. Generally, timeline items are displayed "newest first" which is great. However, within threads, you show oldest first.

Now it is true that Gmail has the same logic. But if you click on a thread in gmail, you are taken in a new environment, whereas in Hubspot you stay on the timeline. So it is easy to get confused about the chronology of things.

screenshot.png

5 Replies
tbarbugli

This is clearly a UIX bug, not some feedback. Either you sort messages ascending or descending. The UI currently does both ASC and DESC.

This is a huge source of confusion for our support team. We waste a huge amount of time and make silly mistakes just because the UI makes no sense.

Please HS team fix this!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My team is currently working on redesigning email threads. The redesign will show newer emails at the top of the thread to match the chronology of the timeline.

Feel free to send me a direct message if you are interested in having your portal added to the Beta when the time comes!

bwise

Yes please @Anonymous I just experienced the same problem. Add me to the beta pls so see newest replies first in any email thread- Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Feel free to send me a private message with your Hub ID if you would like to be added to the Beta!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Messages within email threads are now displayed from most recent to oldest.