HubSpot Ideas

hjender

Optional fields in popup forms

It would be great for popup forms to have the distinction between required and optional fields.

For example, our standard landing page forms might ask for the contact's state, but it's optional. 

To create the equivalent form as a popup, we have to choose whether to keep that question and make it required (potentially over-asking and losing the contact) OR to leave out the question entirely (losing all possibility of getting that particular info from the contact through the form).

10 Replies
hugodamasio

+1 for this feature.

I use optional field on the landing page forms, and want to have the same flexibility to use those on pop-up forms.

MoxieInstitute

Ditto!

We use an optional field on the landing page forms, and want to have the same flexibility to use those on pop-up forms.

This should be super easy for your webdev team to implement.

Thanks for the consideration,

Moxie

cvanness
HubSpot Employee

This would be a great feature for those who want to provide their leads an option to indicate their preferred communication method. For example, if they say they prefer email, there is no need to provide their phone number and visa versa. 

lwheeler

This would be perfect for allowing leads to enter their phone OR email. So we can contact them using their preferred method 🙂

BmS

Yes, I have some required fields in my regular forms but I cannot make the field required in my pop-ups. I would like to though. 

jramm

Is this feature request in the near roadmap in HubSpot?

Ellesyanna
Contributor | Diamond Partner

We need this as well! Just like the possibility to add hidden fields to the pop-up form.

MClark5

I absolutely believe our pop up form would have a higher conversion rate if we could make the phone number optional. While we want it so we don't want to leave it off, we have had a few people say they don't like to leave phone numbers but will leave an email. We will take an email over no form at all. PLEASE add required and non-required fields on pop up forms. 

Thanks.

MortenHerbst

+1

JRobinson90

Hubspot! How is this not a priority?!? Please make this update...please!