HubSpot Ideas

NHuffman

Optional Line Items for Quotes

There should be a check box or something that would allow you to make an included line item optional.  

The system would immediately recognize this, perhaps highlight the line item in different color, and then add small verbiage that says something along the lines of "Optional Line Item - not included in total price" or just "Optional".

Additionally, it should mark the line item cost/price as zero so that it's not included in the total price of the quote.

This I believe is better than simply adding a line item and then setting the quantity to zero.  It may confuse the customer.

29 Replies
MBoyd0
Participant

I love this idea! I was thinking of using the Comments section as a place to show optional items and was coming here to ask about being able to add line items to the comments section. But your idea makes a lot more sense. 🙂

famnella

Highly appreciated NHuffman's idea. Optional Line Items are a huge deal in our every day business and would be a game changer to switch to HubSpot offers instead PandaDoc. 

tmcmillan99
Contributor | Elite Partner

This is a great idea and I think it would get used if made available. Since we can now create custom quote templates, my manager just asked me to look into adding this option as the goal is to move our quoting into Hubspot. However, since we don't have any control as to what's preseneted in the quote wizard, I am not sure I could even add this functionality with a custom module.

teamgi
Participant | Diamond Partner

I agree this is very much needed - there's a similar idea submitted with more upvotes here as well: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Quote-options-for-customers-to-select-and-agree-to/id... 

LRiley32
Participant

Great Idea!

We would need this to finally do quoting in hubspot. Some of our quote options are fairly extensive and make the final total look astronomical when tested in hubspot quotes.

CStephenson9

I sell a modular software product, and currently resort to writing (Optional) in the description. 

FannyLotzer

Hello,

This is a great idea. This is something that should be native in Hubspot. 

I have the same problem : we need to prepare quotes that contains basic products (asked during the quote request) and optionnal products (cross sell for example) . We found a solution to implement this BUT we have another issue. 

The final quote value includes basic product AND optional products and the forecast takes into account the deals with optional products. It should be editable.

TashKearney

This is soemthing offered by so many other tools and it would make such a big improvement to the Hubspot quoting functionality if added.

RBreen
HubSpot Employee

much needed!

kycam25

Very much needed! This is unfortunately the primary reason we haven't moved away from PandaDoc. Would love to see this and use Hubspot Quotes!

benesch_e
Contributor

This feature would be great and could work similarly to the new pay now/pay later amount total. 

I have tons of products that have accessories that are used for maintenance, and while they are not needed at the time of purchase, they are nice to have on hand to prevent any down time when maintenance is needed.

SObes

Hello together, at the moment it isn´t possible, to create offers with optional positions. 

shilpawymer
Participant

Hi,

This would be a great addition.  Please add soon.

jdlauwereins

Yes, it is hard of not having this feature.

hel10z
Participant

This optional line item would be a great feature.

There are times where we need to propose 2 solutions and the client could then choose the option they would prefer which makes the proposal/quote appear way higher than it should.

Rather than replying back with the option they want scratched off, they can simply choose, get the correct amount and sign.

MSchofield

Literally just wrote out a quote and they emailed back asking for a quantity amendment and to verbally accept a line item that had been included as an option.

The way we get around the optional extras is put the quantity as zero but do show the price, then have a discussion or email if they want it.

EsteeH
Contributor | Elite Partner

Hi all! We've created a custom quote template that has optional line items, like in the image below. When adding line items, you select a property to identify the items that are optional and they show in a separate section. This is a coded template, so I believe you would need marketing or CMS pro for this, but happy to help if anyone still has a need for this!

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 09.54.59.png

SJones56
Participant

I just got off with HubSpot support and they told me this isnt avaiable and to request it here in the community center... We are also using PandaDoc instead of Hubspot quoting mainly because of this single feature... 

Come on HubSpot - get this added. 

MHampton

Hi Esteeh, can you please provide instructions on how you did this? 🙂

lfontana
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting.