HubSpot Ideas

Herschel

Allow Specific Feedback on Knowledge Base Articles

Present visitors who mark a Knowledge Base article as unhelpful with a form to submit specific feedback as to why the article was not helpful. This would allow us to actually address the issues that visitors are experiencing.

Idealy with the feedback form would allow for the option for both multiselect choices of common issues and open text fields for more specific feedback.

Would be great to be able to see this feedback data from the Knowledge Base Insights dashboard.

86 Replies
RobRAdcore
Member | Partner

Hey Joe

Thanks for the update,

Disappointing to hear that this functionality is not something in any plans present or future. I would have thought it was pretty simple and easy to implement. It's literally just a textbox. 

Expected a bit more HS. 

Rob Reynolds

kaburke
HubSpot Employee

At present we do not allow our customers to ‘turn off’ the option to gather email addresses from those who select ‘was this article helpful- no’ in the knowledge base feedback forms.  It would be helpful to give our customers the option to turn this off

mem

I just encountered this today, my team was unaware that the knowledge base feedback asked for their email. We would definitely consider turning the asking for their email off if we could.

CEdmunds

This feature is invaluable in knowing exactly why a user found the article unhelpful.  Also, HS at least has canned options available when you vote no and if it can be available on HS's articles, it should be available for our articles.  Like @RobRAdcore said "It's literally just a textbox" - not hard to implement at all.

lesliebartels
Contributor

The Helpful Rating for the Knowledge Base is a great idea. However, why not take it to the next step and add a comment box for those users who want to provide context around their rating.

Thanks!

AHouthooft

This would be a great addition that would help us improve our knowledge base. At the moment it's not always clear why a support article wasn't helpful. Was the answer inaccurate? Was the answer unclear? Do we need to explain a certain step in more detail? That would be great feedback to have!

erica11
Top Contributor

Could I please have this beta as well. 

kimbob

Why even collect an email address if we can't collect the feedback on the spot? This was a built-in feature of our last service ticketing system and without a comment box, the rating tool is pretty useless.  We do want to hear what we can improve on and what is missing from our articles. Please reconsider - we've already received complaints from our customers that they can't leave feedback on KB articles.

Also as it turns, out we can't really identify who left what feedback on the articles, so follow-up is also moot. This is how the support team recommended I find the contacts. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CgEEN6E7LySalwkuGTPybGXS-vJcqbbp/view?usp=sharing 

ottonomy

It would be lovely to be able to correlate the following data:

• Contact info of submitter (email)
  • Which page?
  • useful / not useful
  • Response to "What were you actually looking for instead of what you found on this page?"

If it were just the correlation of textual feedback with the page URL/ID for unuseful responses, that would be very valuable in helping us improve our knowledgebase.

NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner

The "was this helpful" section comes standard and cant be edited in any way - we would like to be able to remove this all together or edit it and make it look like our CI.

We use some KB articles internally - so the "was this helpful" functionality doesnt help us but the unbranded section doesnt suit our CI and doesnt look right for customers either.

AAM
Contributor

Agree with this. I would prefer to use one of the feedback surveys as a popup at the end of the article. Or, even better if the KB feedback question asked a follow-up so users could expand on their negative or positive rating. Right now, just knowing that someone found the article unhelpful doesn't help me improve the content.

CParnis

We would also like the option to remove HubSpot's feedback functionality

lesliebartels
Contributor

At the end of each support article, I would like the ability to provide users with a comment box so they may explain why they selected an "Unhelpful" rating.

SDinnis

Agree with this 100% Our team has identified a need for open ended commenting that allows us to tie that feedback to contacts, so that we may follow up with email and other communication.

MH21

This would be great for additional feedback.

CHonegger

I agree, would be a great feature

Stig
Participant | Diamond Partner

Would like this feature!

petterhol

I don't need to turn this feature off, but disable the email field.

JMcKellow

We would find such a feature really useful also, as we want to make sure that the informaton available in our knowledge base articles is helpful as possible to our users. 

A "No" tthe question "Was this helpful"  does not tell us why the user found it unhelpful. 

It oculd be that they have not found hte right article, which menas we might need more tags, or it might be that there is not yet an article for the area they want, or that the article is just no good! How would we know? We need to be able to get their feedback..

Please do consider adding some feature to assist in this.

Thank you.

Abeeda
Participant

this is definitely needed! only telling us that this was "unhelpful" is of no help. Setting up an email workflow for the ones who rated "unhelpful" also does not work as many of them are visitors on the website so not a hubspot contact. setting up CSAT is also just a workaround as that's KB in general & not specific to a particular article. 
The ask is not too much. It's just that a followup comment box appears which asks them to share the reason & their email