HubSpot Ideas

Achoo

Option to stop logging subsequent emails in a thread, for the Chrome Sales Extension

Posting on behalf of a customer:

Currently, if a user is sending a new email in a logged and tracked email thread using the Chrome Sales Extension, un-checking the "Log" box  for subsequent emails doesn't prevent them from being logged to the contact record in HubSpot.  

However, there are cases whereby subsequent emails in the thread should not be recorded in HubSpot, and hence it'd be useful if there was the option to stop logging subsequent emails that are sent midway through a thread. 

While there is the workaround to start a brand new thread and not log it, it's not ideal as the subsequent emails are still related to the original thread, and would be best kept together. 

4 Replies
LChester
Participant

Oh please can we have a way of halting the logging of an email thread! While we want to log the initial Business Development emails, once sensitive information is emailed we no longer want the emails to be logged. Sometimes our Partners (legal firm) need to keep the same thread and don't want to start a new one.

JBrewerUnicargo
Participant

I find this absolutely insane. Once you log an initial email, there is no way at any point to stop the automatic logging of replies in the chain? You can't select or unselect an option to stop processing the rule? How is that possible? Can someone at Hubspot please reply and provide more detail on this? It is causing the Outlook Hubspot add on to be completely unusuable for our company. I can't imagine how anybody would possibly use this feature as it fills your CRM with endless "fluff" emails and makes it impossible to follow the relevant prospecting history communication of a contact/company. 

HStuart-Evans

I agree with this idea - auto logging all replies means the CRM is filled with unimportant emails as well as it being a gdpr issue if the email is forwarded/replied to by a contact that should not be logged in Hubspot

kgalbraith

Our CRM is becoming increasingly messy with unecessary communications being logged in the 'activity'. We need to be able to log initial communications and then have the option to stop logging that email chain when the status has moved past BD opportunity as the follow-up emails are not relevant and can be many.