HubSpot Ideas

SebastianB

Option to set email to private and not log it

Hi, it would be great to specify the privacy setting for emails or contacts that will be logged in the CRM. As some conversations & emails have to be confidential, it would be great to have a setting that tells Hubspot which emails to log and which not to log. For that, a "blacklist" of sorts could be a solution where all the companies & contacts are listed from which conversations should not be logged. Another way to do this would be to define a short code which can be added to the email in order to make it private, and thus not logged.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could implement a similar feature.

Thank you! 🙂

All the best,
Sebastian

Atualizações da HubSpot
Status atualizado para: Delivered
March 13, 2019 11:20 AM

Hi everyone, 

We have a feature available within the CRM and within our Sales extensions called the Never Log list. You can add individual email addresses and/or domains to the list to prevent emails sent to those addresses from logging (and thus from creating contacts).  We apologize for not updating this thread sooner!

Here is a link to our knowledge base article detailing the steps to set this up! 

Best,

Caitlin

27 Comentários
jmacdonaldd
Membro

This is definitely a large problem that we are running into. We are having an issue because it is extremely tedious to have to deselect a box everytime you would like to distinguish a regular contact from a customer via e-mail. This poses an even more complicated issue when trying to create e-mail lists later on. A fix for this, or at least a more efficient solution, would be extremely beneficial.

FrankTheTank
Participante

Totally agree with what everyone else has said and have started to really understand the scope of this issue. Additionally it's essential to be able to blacklist or block certain domains when it comes to email reporting and dashboards. We just launched with Hubspot 2 weeks ago and within a day we had private, confidential emails between employees and their managers, requesting time off for medical reasons, boldy displayed on the front page of our sales dashboard. 

This is a huge issue!

We need to be able to block our own domain from being tracked as we send dozens of internal emails every day with a variety of topics and content. If everything that management is sending is publically visible within the CRM we have a major issue. 

Not to mention that all of our rep activity metrics are now in question. If a new customer is starting with us I may be sending 10-20 internal emails that day and artificially inflating my "sales activity" for the day. This invalidates any reporting we do on email activity. 

hollybo
Participante

There are times when I send emails to our sales team or our sales partners.. it is nice to track the success/engagement of our sales team on these emails. But agree it should be tracked seperate from the emails being sent to customers/prospects/leads would be nice to be able to bucket a workflow/sequence/email to either "internal development" or "external sales"

jackgen12
Membro

Totally agree that we need a solution here. 

For us, we really need a way to be able to track and log conversations in the CRM with contacts that we view valuable but still exclude non-essential that may get CCed along the way. 

The fact that a contact could CC anyone they want onto an email we are tracking and logging, and they are automatically added as a contact into our CRM is really an issue. 

Status atualizado para: Delivered
clovria
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi everyone, 

We have a feature available within the CRM and within our Sales extensions called the Never Log list. You can add individual email addresses and/or domains to the list to prevent emails sent to those addresses from logging (and thus from creating contacts).  We apologize for not updating this thread sooner!

Here is a link to our knowledge base article detailing the steps to set this up! 

Best,

Caitlin

FrankTheTank
Participante

Hi @clovria 

This tool doesn't work 100% of the time. I've gone in and blocked our internal company domain months ago yet I'm still getting new contacts created on a regular basis within Hubspot. This is a big issue when emails sent by executives are publically available to any of our Hubspot users. 

arlogilbert
Colaborador(a)

+1 for this feature. 

Our company really needs the ability to have contacts NOT be created by bcc/log/track. Last week, for example, I inadvertently logged an email to my board of directors, which means that it is now visible to my entire sales team... No Bueno!

Our use case is this, we use Hubspot for CMS & CRM & Service. 100% of contacts are created either through import in the marketing tool OR through customers filling out forms or chatting with chat flows.

Ideally, we would like to be able to always have logging enable in the sales extension, but that contacts are not created. In practice, nobody ever remembers to check or uncheck the log/track buttons on each mail, we send hundreds of emails per day per person.