HubSpot Ideas

AnnikaThure

Option to require and associate Company and Contact to Deal

I'd like to make an association to a company, product and contact required when creating a new deal. It is not possible to edit required fields for associated fields.

Deals are now not requireed to be associated to a company or contact and we therefore miss out on being able to segment deals and contact decision makers based on the deal status.

8 Replies
kaburke
HubSpot Employee
MichelleBaron

I'm adding my pebble to this pile. I am actually shocked this is not a required field especially when matching Lead performance with closed/won Deals. I'm being asked by my Sales Team why this is not required or why when Companies are added it doesn't auto-associate the contacts for that company to that Deal.

roland_deshane
Participant

Agreed, this is very important functionality. Associations are a really important part of what makes HubSpot so powerful and I'm often finding myself creating reports on our various teams dashboards to flag whenever a key association is not made. This would eliminate the need for that. 

Saw that this is now possible for Custom objects, so seems like it wouldn't be much of a lift to apply it to standard object types. 

VPasquier

In my company, it would be very useful to initiate "by default" some criteria when we create a deals. So, I expect this possibility will be added soon to Hubspot

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager

Please add this feature 🙏  It would be a great addition to Deals. And help with keeping deal data clean and properly associated  

AYasinski

I fully agree, that these fields just need to be mandatory or at least to be edited.

DQuilton

great idea

SCollinson

Great Idea!!

@hubspot Please add this feature 😁