Option to pull info from company when creating a contact

Our sales team is having to fill in the same information twice, when creating a company then a contact at that company. It would be nice to have an option (when creating a contact within a company profile) to pull information from the company to the contact.

The reason we can't use a workflow to autopopulate this info for ALL contacts, when associated to companies, is because it will overide some information that we don't want changed in our system. Plus, some contacts will not share the same info as companies.

This is how I imagine it would work:

Capture.JPG

HubSpot updates
5 Replies
mktgqueen
Regular Contributor

This is a great idea! Our sales people don't like having to input the same basic information twice and this would be a terrific solution.

Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @karen_barth

If it helps, when I use workflows to copy company properties to contacts, I include an 'is unknown' rule to stop the workflow from overwriting information that is already on the contact. 

Would this help in your situation?

karen_barth
Regular Contributor

Hi @Phil_Vallender, thank you for the suggestion! This would work for a lot of cases but would still be a nice feature. There are some cases when sales will intentionally leave some properties blank to fill in at a later date. This may cause a few issues.

With a checkbox, it would fill in the data from the company but still give sales the ability to adjust one-off fields. For example, if they wanted to copy over the address, but leave the phone number empty, they could just clear that field.

Would love to have you upvote this, if you think it would work, or provide additional recommendations!

Jeffrey_B

I can't believe this feature does not already exist.  How many times does one enter a contact without referencing a company?  Not often, I think.

If that company has already been entered into Hubspot (the domain in the company website matches the domain in the new contact's email address), just give me a one-click option to say "use that company info you have on file, Hubspot".

This would save endless reentry of data already present.

If I am missing something, perhaps someone can help?

Thanks. 

karen_barth
Regular Contributor

Well said, @Jeffrey_B ! At the very least, there should be an option to associate a contact to a company when you create that contact. You can do this when you create a deal...why can't you with contacts and companies?