HubSpot Ideas

IMroz

Option to make imported contact first touch vs influenced contacts

HubSpot treats imported contacts in a campaign as influenced contacts vs new contacts. Is there anyway to override this to make them new/first touch contacts? A check box on import that says mark as first touch would be an easy fix.

It's unfortunate because when we run events that happen outside of HubSpot, like tradeshows, we can't properly attribute the ROI to the campaign leads because the imported contacts are marked as influenced contacts. In my opinion this is a system flaw as lots of marketing activities happen outside of HubSpot and it serously impacts the accuracy of campaign ROI reporting , especially if youre using HubSpot as your CRM, as we are.

5 Replies
CNero

I'm also looking for this functionality. When we attend an event in person, there are many ways a prospect can be entered into our database. One example is a regular visit to our booth, no form or landing page conversion. I would love to be able to tag these individuals as New Contact (First Touch) if they are truly a new lead in our database. 

GWhite9

Can anyone offer any advice about this? We also run 3rd party physical events and want to track contact generation per campaign. The influenced contacts skew the figures. 

Is there a way to change the First Touch attribution to the campaign rather than Influenced?

DNeuffer

Additionally is there a way to import a spreadsheet of names directly into a campaign and so that they have the opportunity to be labeled as new contacts? Many events are using apps like Whova which allow attendees to proactively ask to be added to your list and allow companies to add people who have stopped by their booth to be added to the list. The app then provides a spreadsheet of your leads (again not the whole attendee list).

A lot of these contacts are new and we would like them to be reflected as such when looking at our campaigns. Thank you in advance.

TGillespie

Yes, not having this feature available is very frustrating because it makes it challenging tracking event ROI.

lindahouben
Contributor | Elite Partner

Having the same issue with physical events that we would like to add to Campaigns, which are not attributed correctly.