HubSpot Ideas

EvaDixon

Option to enable/disable attachments saving to Companies/Contacts

It would be great to have the option to disable email attachments from being automatically saved to Companies / Contacts. There is no need for us to store this information in Hubspot and often the same file is saved multiple times (if the same attachment is sent several times).

36件のコメント
pleach
メンバー

I agree.  There is no need to save the logos in HS.  Making it easier to view and clean these up, would be a nice buy off.  Turning off the attachment option for emails would eliminate documents you would want to save. 

EmilyR
メンバー

Yes please! 

We are in a market where personal documents, for example a driver's license or an extract from the Chamber of Commerce, are sent by email. We are not allowed to store these as a company... 

Shriya
参加者

We would really love to see this functionality as well - not just because of the redundancy, but also due to privacy concerns with sensitive materials!

AimeeFP
参加者

I've uploaded contracts to deals as attachments so we can reference them BUT they're now lost in a flood of small attachments and I mean HUNDREDS of email signature images being added as attachments.  This is worst when it's a client with active incoming and outgoing communications and both parties have several images in their email signature.  Not only that, it takes three clicks and loading time in order to delete just one!  I understand the precaution but when it comes to rapidly eliminating unnecessary attachments, it's totally impractical.  Please provide a solution to this obvious and widespread problem!

walden
メンバー

This is something I have commented upon before - shame nothing has been forthcoming from hubspot. A simple approach might be to have an attachment category - thus anything useful could be flagged - red for contracts, blue for invoices, no colour - ignore.

joverholt
投稿者

Walden,  

Hubspot has rolled out an opt out option for email attachments.  here is a link to their guidance.  hope this is helpful for you

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/connected-email/disable-one-to-one-email-tracking-or-attachment-loggin...

Saul-UK
メンバー

It would be good if Hubspot was smart enough to recognise the attachment and save it once, and then ignore it from there-on in. It seems like it keeps thinking that the graphic signature of my customer's emails are attachments. The result is that my attachment section is rammed full of "image" files which are totally useless. To have attachements on outgoing messages automatically filed In the Attachments section is handy, but surely there must be a smarter way of coding this, so that it attaches the attachment once, and not 15 times. It should be a simple line of code stating "IF I have this attachment in the Attachements pile already THEN do not save it again" 

CCoombs
メンバー

The option to have certain material to not automatiacally attach would be ideal i.e logos and links 

VAssistant
メンバー

I agree, a problem since 2018, should be a filter or at least a way to bulk delete those files when they get to the attachment section, makes a unclean HUD when looking for real usable files (pdf,doc,etc)

MDelFierro
メンバー

Our company is starting to use HubSpot to store documents in the contact/company record.  It makes it painfully difficult to manage and easily retrieve documents in the attachment section of the object.

Is there a way to turn off the functionality that autosaves icons in signature lines and other images that are useless?

walden
メンバー

At present, the only option is to disable the auto add of documents and upload them manually.  This works but is relient on everyone remembering to do so and to name the document sensibly for finding later.  I have asked for a simple means to categorise documents so that you can distinguish between contracts for example and support docs.

Phil

DKitson
参加者

It would be really useful to be able to filter out anything that isn't a physical attachment as we are noticing that our "Contacts" are becoming increasingly full of image related attachments which are of no use and negatively impact on the time it takes to find the actual attachments. 

GKell
投稿者

A product team who thinks sucking up every attachment ever would be useful means they've never acutally had to use their own tool.

DFWCityhomes
メンバー

I agree. Get that sh*t out of there. 

CNicolls
メンバー

We would love to have a section where our company can store ONLY FULLY executed contracts.  The attachments section get so clouded up from all email attachments dropping into the Attachments section that it makes it difficult to find the fully executed contracts.  Can HubSpot create a new section at both the COMPANY and DEAL level where we can drop fully executed contracts into so these do not get lost in the shuffle of standard email attachments?  

Hildegaard
投稿者

Absolutely needed urgently, becomes a redundant feature for saving key documents when there's so many unnecessary attachments.