HubSpot Ideas

EvaDixon

Option to enable/disable attachments saving to Companies/Contacts

It would be great to have the option to disable email attachments from being automatically saved to Companies / Contacts. There is no need for us to store this information in Hubspot and often the same file is saved multiple times (if the same attachment is sent several times).

36 Replies
CDrew_SP

I agree 100%

My company attaches contracts to companies and the fact there are now sometimes dozens of useless files attached to the companies due to people having files in their signatures, photos in their signatures, etc. is pretty upsetting. Having the ability to turn this auto-upload feature off and only attach files we upload seems like a no-brainer. I hope this is something that gets added in the future.

Rbanga
HubSpot Employee

Posting on behalf of my customer - Similar feature requested

VHatfaludi

We're having the same problem. There are documents which we'd also like to keep under companies/deals, but the number of duplicate documents makes it impossible to find the relevant docs and we end up having to go through our document archives kept separately which is a pain and takes longer.

walden

We are in the same boat - as CDRrew says - make the attachment optional would be best for all.

JessicaReed

Yes please! 

I would like to echo all the above statements particulary CDrew_SP 'there are now sometimes dozens of useless files attached to the companies due to people having files in their signatures, photos in their signatures, etc. is pretty upsetting'

Thank 

mmazzur
Participant

Adding another thumbs up here.  It's pretty frustrating when we add attachments at the creation of a deal then have 15-20 little pixel images stacked before it.  Lots of deals = lots of little images.  

SarahM
Participant

Desperately needed as it's becoming unwieldy and hard to find useful attachment in the sea of email signature images etc!

walden

Agreed - it is getting a little frustrating. An easier means of viewing emails would be good too - it's very easy to get lost and not find what you need in the plethora of emails and their respective threads which are often duplicates of each other.

SarahM
Participant

I agree walden! It's not properly organised in conversations and our support team are finding it hard to keep up with complex email chains!

Andrea_MSC

Desperatly needed!  There needs to be a clean way to store records (attachments) on a contact record, without having numerous logos from email signatures, brochures, and duplicate forms because they're always attaching!

marshall_parr
Participant

As above, we need a solution to this.

joverholt
Contributor

Agree that an opt out for autmatic attachements is needed.  We are expiriencing the same issue and have a posted another thread on the topic a few months ago.  

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Opt-Out-Option-for-email-attachments-automatically-be...

IlanaBinenbaum

Totally agree! So many useless attachments. We want to make a decision on what to add and what not.

joverholt
Contributor

It is an administrative burdon for some of our teams to sift through the attachements to find the relvant document or document version.  It is also frustrating that we can't clean out the attachements as they often become reattached after we delete.

walden

My firm has code in our own web product that is able to recognise attachments within an email and attachments that are part of the body text such as signiture. It's not that difficult and could be implemented to at least get rid of all the image files.

Happy to share

bonnevie75

Completely agree! We now have so much difficulties to find the relevant documents in all the attachements.

HelenBrown

Absolutely needed urgently, becomes a redundant feature for saving key documents when there's so many unnecessary attachments.

tomtodrick

Yes, this is a nightmare as we save key documents in the attachments section that we need to refer back to so trawling through loads on unwanted files is very timeconsuming.

joverholt
Contributor

Hubspot has rolled out an opt out option for email attachments.  here is a link to their guidance.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/connected-email/disable-one-to-one-email-tracking-or-attachment-loggin...

MichelleFink
Contributor

Same issue here! - The 15-20 pixel images that bury the important documents are out of hand and my guess is that is a bug in the feature. All attachments get re-added after you delete them as well.