HubSpot Ideas

sblocksidge

Option to choose permanent or temporary deletion as default option

Our company gets tons of spam form submissions. And as of this week, when we go to delete a contact, permanent delete is now the default option. We would like to have the option to change which type of deletion is the default selection when we delete contacts.

8 Replies
Em111
Participant

Agree. We also get spam and I sometimes delete those contacts. Normally it wouldn't matter which delete it defaults to but on Friday I accidentally deleted a contact and then went to retrieve it and it wasn't there. Why oh why would they change it to default to permanent delete. That's so dangerous especially when you're used to it previously being restorable delete as the default. 

sblocksidge
Participant

@Em111 Agreed! there was no notice of the change or other warning that the default was changing. Just the option would be nice!!

MARoss

Agreed! It's terrible as the default option and annoying to change every time. Occasionally I do need to restore contacts that were deleted. I also don't want to spam the other Super Admins with emails every time I do our contact list maintenance, and the permanent delete sends them all an email confirmation.

sblocksidge
Participant

@MARoss I thought I just got those emails -_- that's super annoying!!

Valleriia
Contributor

We need to be able to select the default option for deleting contacts. 

sblocksidge
Participant

@Valleriia agreed!!

EmmaClark

Agreed, I got caught out on this not realising the options had switched, don't understand why permanent delete is the default.

sblocksidge
Participant

Update: seems this was implemented to change back to restorable as default!!