HubSpot Ideas

tilly

Option to block free email providers from booking via Meetings link

Since we can block free email providers and certain domains from filling out standard HubSpot forms, it would be great if Meetings link forms could also block those.

165 Replies
HMcCloskey

We would also love to have this ability, it seems really counterintuitive that it is not available on this form type. At this point, we're even considering other options because this is mandatory for us, our AEs need this information to get ready for their calls and the last thing I want them to be worried about is tracking down information about a prospect based on a personal email when a company email would have given them everything they needed right away. I truly hope this gets added to the roadmap soon!

J_MAY

This is pretty much essential for the meetings tool unless we choose to keep this only for sales and such to plan scheduling during email correspondence. We'd like to have a meetings booking on the website, but currently the amount of spam coming in is just untenable. Are there any plans for this to be looked at? It's a shame this tool is basically unusable for website and marketing activities. 

fsilva
Participant

Super usefull! please do this asap

tgerman

This should be consistent in any form/email capture. Having a business email is critical for B2B businesses. Please add this!

morganmcgee
Contributor

We'd like the ability to block specific contacts from being able to book meetings. 

garyvanbutsele

+1

mayte
Contributor | Elite Partner

Much needed! 

JonathanElkin
Contributor

+1.  This idea's status appears to have been set by Hubspot in Q2 2020, it's now Q4 2021, can we have an update please?

Lumen5KJ
Participant

Any updates on when this might be planned? My BDR team is tired of getting ghosted by people booking meetings using free email addresses.

This is existing functionality in standard HubSpot forms, and my BDRs are understandably asking why this isn't supported when booking meetings.

nweeks

Absolutely absurd this is not already an option... We just had someone book out all of one of our employee's calendars nonstop with nothing HubSpot Support could do to help. NEEDS TO BE FIXED

mwSBA

Good morning HubSpot. The ability to either add spam prevention methods such as CAPTCHA or blocking free email domains such as *@yahoo.com, *@gmail.com, *@aol.com, etc. is tablestakes for a form of any kind in 2021 (and soon to be 2022). Lacking this feature makes me second guess your commitment to serving the needs of SMB and Enterprise business users and my decision to implement HubSpot across our organization.

This request has been asked for nearly 2 years from what I can see. Your loyal (paying) customers really need this feature.

mwSBA

Here's an idea to everyone on this thread...

Go to https://offers.hubspot.com/contact-sales and fill out the form with garbage information but add this to the "what you want to accomplish with this form".

"I'm trying to show you how frustrating it is to get meeting requests from free domains and no CAPTCHA. I'll keep doing this until you add the feature your users are asking for."

garyvanbutsele

+1 we keep getting ghosted from non business domains

Kmoloo
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

HubSpot, please add this to your roadmap, it's really important for all of the reasons everyone here has already shared.

skhristich

Hopefully, this will be implemented soon.

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager

Upvoting as I've had multiple customer requests for this feature this year!  

annis
Participant

We really need this!

KRaymond

BRILLIANT IDEA!

Huge time wasting issue for our sales teams having personal email addresses come through - seems like an easy fix too, PLEASE FIX IT!

MrB1

yes, a lot of students/spam coming in.

ATalanki9

The entire booking mechanism is nice, except for this feature...It would be nice to have this aspect implemented asap!