Option to automatically add a product to a deal with workflows

lalexander

Hi team,

It would be great to be able to automatically add certain Products to Deals within Workflows. For example, if a customer comes in via a certain source and all of the customers from that source are purchasing Product A, all the Deals could then be automatically updated to have that product associated with them.

This would reduce friction for sales teams and allow more seamless Deal creation - the teams wouldn't have to go back and add Products later. Thank you!

HubSpot updates
2 weeks ago

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this is on our roadmap for this quarter and, while I can't give you an exact timeline for release, I would expect that within this quarter or early Q2, you will be able to add a Line Item to a Deal in Workflows. 

This particular feature probably won't have a wide beta. We'll test it it with a dozen or so teams, then we'll just roll it out to everyone on a percentage basis. I'll update this thread when we begin the percentage rollout. 

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment. Looking forward to getting this feature into your hands!

Status updated to: Being Reviewed
May 28, 2021

Hi folks,

I’m Megan Legge, a product manager for HubSpot’s workflows tool. I’m coming to you today with an update, that I’ll be moving this idea from In Planning, back to Being Reviewed. We’ve unfortunately hit an unexpected development roadblock that means we’ll need more time before we can deliver this feature, so that when we do, we ensure it’s a high-quality feature that meets your expectations.

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned.

Best,
Megan

Mar 16, 2021

Hi @abrow ,

In the upcoming change I mentioned, the functionality will be limited to the action to create deal record, and will create a new deal and add specific line items (not copying from another deal). However, we're still digging into other ways we can continue to add more robust line item/deal functionality to workflows, so these additional examples are super helpful. 

Thanks!

Megan

Status updated to: In Planning
Mar 9, 2021

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your continued feedback and patience. We're actively working on developing this feature, which will be the ability to add line items to deals, when you create deals with workflows, through the Create record action.

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 3.13.18 PM.png

I'll post another update when we have more specific information about the launch of this feature.

Thank you!

Megan

Dec 2, 2020

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the Product Manager responsible for Quotes and the Product Library at HubSpot. This idea is something that's actively on our radar and I'm working with our team to prioritize it. I can't give you a definite date, but workflow actions for Quotes, Products, and Line Items is top of mind for us going into 2021.

Oct 21, 2020

Hi all,

This is still on our radar, though there are a couple blockers we need to deal with before we could implement something like this. We'll continue to explore our options, as we know this is a need many of you have. I appreciate the continued feedback and use case specifics, which help us ensure we're working on the right solution.

Best,

Megan

Apr 23, 2020

Hi everyone,

I’m Megan Legge, a product manager for HubSpot’s workflows tool. Thanks for the comments and feedback! We're currently investigating our options and ability to enable this requested feature. I will follow up when we have more information.

Best,

Megan

109 Replies
JLacaze
Right Megan, I don't know how Hubspot can call themselves a decent CRM
without this functionality...
Have never seen that honestly!

amydyv
Participant

This is such an important feature! I love Hubspot but the lack of association between objects when using workflows is terrible. The fact that Line Items basically live in a separate world from all other types of objects is really limiting. I think it's very weird, seeing as to how well the Custom Report Builder is able to associate different types of objects.

This feature is needed within our organization in order to:

1. Trigger a workflow when a new form is submitted (Basically used as an Order Form)

2. Ticket is automatically created based on the Form Submission

3. Based on the ticket properties a Deal should be automatically created

4.  We are able to set the correct Deal Products based on similar Ticket Properties (Routed using If/Then Branch)

PLundMortense

Following

cbalhorn
Participant

If you're looking for a solution before HubSpot creates it, MakeWebBetter just created a plugin for my company to achieve this. Set whichever Deal triggers, and then this workflow action adds products to the line items of the Deal. 

iamathlete
Contributor | Platinum Partner

As a tangent to this idea, one of our clients' ecommerce is handled outside of the Hubspot ecosystem. When something is sold, the data is populated into Hubspot and then we automate the creation of a deal.  We really need the ability to link product(s) to the deal via automation based on the property values (e.g. if "Last Product Purchased SKU" = "594" then add Product "594" to Deal.

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this is on our roadmap for this quarter and, while I can't give you an exact timeline for release, I would expect that within this quarter or early Q2, you will be able to add a Line Item to a Deal in Workflows. 

This particular feature probably won't have a wide beta. We'll test it it with a dozen or so teams, then we'll just roll it out to everyone on a percentage basis. I'll update this thread when we begin the percentage rollout. 

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment. Looking forward to getting this feature into your hands!

HubLove
Participant
HI Ethan,
Thank you for the update on this. This is a really important function in
order for us to start using products and line items.
I would love to be part of the beta if you are looking for volunteers.
cwh8944
Participant

Thanks for the update Ethan! This is critical for our business and HubSpot configuration as well. Please consider us for the beta, and let me know if you would like any information regarding our use case.

SOMeagher

This is a great idea.

We sell one-off high ticket-item products (townhouses). I'm trialling creating each townhouse as a product but would like to automatically create a deal for this product once the availabile-for-sale date is known. Will the planned update include the abilty to create deals basedon products? Or is it limited to being able to automaticaly associate a product to a deal? 

Thanks