HubSpot Ideas

lalexander

Option to automatically add a product to a deal with workflows

Hi team,

It would be great to be able to automatically add certain Products to Deals within Workflows. For example, if a customer comes in via a certain source and all of the customers from that source are purchasing Product A, all the Deals could then be automatically updated to have that product associated with them.

This would reduce friction for sales teams and allow more seamless Deal creation - the teams wouldn't have to go back and add Products later. Thank you!

HubSpotからのアップデート
November 10, 2022 07:40 AM

Hi everyone - just an update to respond to some of your questions about future work in this area! We definitely hear you and the additional functionality that you'd like to help solve some of these line item use cases. We, on the Automation team, will be working with the Payments team to figure out how we can continue to add more functionality within workflows, but at this point I don't have a clear timeline to share with you. Any updates about these feature requests will be relayed on this thread, though. 

Thanks,

Emma

ステータスに更新: Idea Submitted
November 02, 2022 07:51 AM

Hi All - We have just launched the ability to associate line items when creating a new deal in workflows to all portals with workflows access! I have closed the beta sign up form linked in this thread as you should now all have access. 

I'm going to keep this thread open as there are a few other deal and line item scenarios in workflows mentioned here that we haven't yet solved for.

Thanks,

Emma

October 21, 2022 10:43 AM

@SamB1 - This is definitely one of the next things we want to accomplish with line items in workflows. We don't have a timeline yet, but will let you know once we have updates to share!

@nwcarlson - I'm not sure I understand your use case here. Do you want to determine how many line items to add from this property? How would you determine which product to add as your line item? 

October 11, 2022 02:17 PM

@FMaher Correct, this only works when creating a new deal. This is just the first iteration, and we're aware of the need to add to existing deals and the team has started to evaluate how to solve that problem!

ステータスに更新: In Beta
October 10, 2022 10:53 AM

October 10, 2022 10:47 AM

Hi All - My name is Emma Golborne and I'm a Product Manager on the Automation/Workflows team. We've implemented the ability to add line items to deals when using the Create Record action to create a deal in workflows! The next step is to get some beta testers to test it out in private beta before we release more broadly. If you're interested in participating in the beta, please fill out this form. We will then give you access within 36 hours of you submitting the form, but will not let you know once we've given you access so be sure to check in your portal. There's more information in the form, but looking forward to getting your feedback and making this available to everyone.

As always, thanks for your feedback and your help!

August 30, 2022 10:50 AM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I didn't mean to leave you hanging. We're very close with this feature, we just continue to hit snags in our testing, but we're actively working on this. I'm hopeful for sometime this quarter (Q3). I will update the thread as soon as the feature begins its rollout.

As I stated in the past, our first release for this feature will allow you to add line items to Deals when creating Deals using the "Create Record" workflow action. Hopefully that stems some of the pain. Later, we will open up Line Items as an object in the "Create Record" action. Though, I can't specify a timeline for that.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

April 06, 2022 08:21 AM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager of the Product Library. We've decided to make a little pivot here and I wanted to keep you up to date. We're going to tackle this idea in two stages. The first stage is letting you add Line Items to Deals when they are created via Automation. Based on my research, this should address some of the pain here (not all), and it's an important infrastructure project for us too. <-- you should see this phase sometime in early Q2, though I can't say exactly when. It's being actively worked on, but we have a few internal dependencies so I can't say exactly when it will be released.

The second phase of this project will be adding Line Items to the "Create Record" action. This should address all the pain described above, but it is a bit more complicated given that Line Items need to be created with an association (i.e. to Deals, Quotes, or Payment Links). Line Items cannot exist by themselves, because they're aren't uniquely named and don't store information about when/how/if something was actually purchased. They just store what the item is (e.g. Marketing Hub Enterprise - Annual Subscription, $34,000, SKU: 84745435, Quantity: 1). <-- I can't say for sure when this will be released, but it's top of mind for us this year. 

I hope the "Add Line Item to Deal" via Automation addresses some of the use cases here while we work on "Create Line Item." 

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment. Looking forward to getting this feature into your hands!

January 14, 2022 11:01 AM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this is on our roadmap for this quarter and, while I can't give you an exact timeline for release, I would expect that within this quarter or early Q2, you will be able to add a Line Item to a Deal in Workflows. 

This particular feature probably won't have a wide beta. We'll test it it with a dozen or so teams, then we'll just roll it out to everyone on a percentage basis. I'll update this thread when we begin the percentage rollout. 

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment. Looking forward to getting this feature into your hands!

ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
May 28, 2021 08:31 AM

Hi folks,

I’m Megan Legge, a product manager for HubSpot’s workflows tool. I’m coming to you today with an update, that I’ll be moving this idea from In Planning, back to Being Reviewed. We’ve unfortunately hit an unexpected development roadblock that means we’ll need more time before we can deliver this feature, so that when we do, we ensure it’s a high-quality feature that meets your expectations.

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned.

Best,
Megan

March 16, 2021 07:48 AM

Hi @abrow ,

In the upcoming change I mentioned, the functionality will be limited to the action to create deal record, and will create a new deal and add specific line items (not copying from another deal). However, we're still digging into other ways we can continue to add more robust line item/deal functionality to workflows, so these additional examples are super helpful. 

Thanks!

Megan

ステータスに更新: In Planning
March 09, 2021 12:17 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your continued feedback and patience. We're actively working on developing this feature, which will be the ability to add line items to deals, when you create deals with workflows, through the Create record action.

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 3.13.18 PM.png

I'll post another update when we have more specific information about the launch of this feature.

Thank you!

Megan

December 02, 2020 12:23 PM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the Product Manager responsible for Quotes and the Product Library at HubSpot. This idea is something that's actively on our radar and I'm working with our team to prioritize it. I can't give you a definite date, but workflow actions for Quotes, Products, and Line Items is top of mind for us going into 2021.

October 21, 2020 04:58 AM

Hi all,

This is still on our radar, though there are a couple blockers we need to deal with before we could implement something like this. We'll continue to explore our options, as we know this is a need many of you have. I appreciate the continued feedback and use case specifics, which help us ensure we're working on the right solution.

Best,

Megan

April 23, 2020 06:52 AM

Hi everyone,

I’m Megan Legge, a product manager for HubSpot’s workflows tool. Thanks for the comments and feedback! We're currently investigating our options and ability to enable this requested feature. I will follow up when we have more information.

Best,

Megan

179件のコメント
leobarbieri
メンバー

Yes. Would be just excelent, because is a powerful thing to do in Automation.

Hey HubSpot DEVs, please, enter products into the Automation.

ErikaJ
参加者 | Diamond Partner

Is there any update on this? Being able to associate products with deals would reduce so much friction for many clients who are looking to automate their process. Buy Now button workaround does not work for those with clients in different locations who need different tax brackets applied to each product. 

ChristianM
参加者

Yes- we just ran into this issue too.

Tryign to create deals when contacts are created using product libary and price setup.

Really need this to get hubspot automation moving.

MeganLegge
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi everyone,

I’m Megan Legge, a product manager for HubSpot’s workflows tool. Thanks for the comments and feedback! We're currently investigating our options and ability to enable this requested feature. I will follow up when we have more information.

Best,

Megan

JoshHSoftBank
参加者

Get this updated please.

Please spend more development time and resources on Products.

Happy to take an call to discuss...

inahury
参加者

Agree, we need to this also! Automation with the ability to apply products would be a time saver!

Brinkos
メンバー

Please add this, it would benefit greatly the companies that have products to offer

Eastfarm
参加者

I really need this too

JD_Learnerbly
メンバー

I completely agree. 

When we agree contracts we have TCV (Amount) But then ARR and MRR are different after integrations and onboarding fees. Being able to port this data across would be valuable when working from a renewals or sales pipeline.

vanessahunt
トップ投稿者 | Platinum Partner

I would like to find a way to automate the creation of Deals with Products already associated with them, for popular Deals that are made up of the same Products. I'd also potentially like to automate the creation Currently I believe you can only create Quote and Products manually.

This functionality could enable you to offer bundless of products that are frequently sold together.

QDagault
メンバー

Just a comment to be notified if there are any updates concerning this thread, we really need to be able to use products in workflows as well

Simeinsyd
メンバー

Any updates with this feature? We definitly need it!!

Axel_Guty
メンバー

I beg you to add this functionality, the CRM is difficult to use without! Thank you

JakeW
投稿者

We could definitely use this too! We actually have a slightly different use case, but it may come "in scope" if products end up being useable in workflows to begin with (seems like you can't use them as triggers, etc. at all). We want to have a check in place if a rep doesn't add a product to the deal (then just task the rep to remind them to do so), but we can't seem to add that criteria to a trigger currently ...

Clovenhoof
参加者

If this concept could be extended to the chatbot workflows as well that would be amzing for customers being able to self create an estimate/quote from a chat.

danjamescrosby
参加者

We could really use this feature. Similar use case to others - annual renewals. When a deal is set to closed/won we would like to create a new deal with the same products for the following year.

jpc0480
参加者

We can certainly use this too! 

andrewmill
参加者 | Diamond Partner

Please add the ability for Products to be added on Deal through workflows or copied between Deals!

leobarbieri
メンバー

It's benn 2 years since this post was done by a Moderator and with lots of reply and HubSpot do not put this obvious feature on.

BRXPerformance
メンバー

You would think a company with a 12.8 billion dollar market cap could move a little faster on these issues. It would be great to then send an email with that quote automatically.