HubSpot Ideas

lalexander

Option to automatically add a product to a deal with workflows

Hi team,

It would be great to be able to automatically add certain Products to Deals within Workflows. For example, if a customer comes in via a certain source and all of the customers from that source are purchasing Product A, all the Deals could then be automatically updated to have that product associated with them.

This would reduce friction for sales teams and allow more seamless Deal creation - the teams wouldn't have to go back and add Products later. Thank you!

Atualizações da HubSpot
November 10, 2022 07:40 AM

Hi everyone - just an update to respond to some of your questions about future work in this area! We definitely hear you and the additional functionality that you'd like to help solve some of these line item use cases. We, on the Automation team, will be working with the Payments team to figure out how we can continue to add more functionality within workflows, but at this point I don't have a clear timeline to share with you. Any updates about these feature requests will be relayed on this thread, though. 

Thanks,

Emma

Status atualizado para: Idea Submitted
November 02, 2022 07:51 AM

Hi All - We have just launched the ability to associate line items when creating a new deal in workflows to all portals with workflows access! I have closed the beta sign up form linked in this thread as you should now all have access. 

I'm going to keep this thread open as there are a few other deal and line item scenarios in workflows mentioned here that we haven't yet solved for.

Thanks,

Emma

October 21, 2022 10:43 AM

@SamB1 - This is definitely one of the next things we want to accomplish with line items in workflows. We don't have a timeline yet, but will let you know once we have updates to share!

@nwcarlson - I'm not sure I understand your use case here. Do you want to determine how many line items to add from this property? How would you determine which product to add as your line item? 

October 11, 2022 02:17 PM

@FMaher Correct, this only works when creating a new deal. This is just the first iteration, and we're aware of the need to add to existing deals and the team has started to evaluate how to solve that problem!

Status atualizado para: In Beta
October 10, 2022 10:53 AM

October 10, 2022 10:47 AM

Hi All - My name is Emma Golborne and I'm a Product Manager on the Automation/Workflows team. We've implemented the ability to add line items to deals when using the Create Record action to create a deal in workflows! The next step is to get some beta testers to test it out in private beta before we release more broadly. If you're interested in participating in the beta, please fill out this form. We will then give you access within 36 hours of you submitting the form, but will not let you know once we've given you access so be sure to check in your portal. There's more information in the form, but looking forward to getting your feedback and making this available to everyone.

As always, thanks for your feedback and your help!

August 30, 2022 10:50 AM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I didn't mean to leave you hanging. We're very close with this feature, we just continue to hit snags in our testing, but we're actively working on this. I'm hopeful for sometime this quarter (Q3). I will update the thread as soon as the feature begins its rollout.

As I stated in the past, our first release for this feature will allow you to add line items to Deals when creating Deals using the "Create Record" workflow action. Hopefully that stems some of the pain. Later, we will open up Line Items as an object in the "Create Record" action. Though, I can't specify a timeline for that.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

April 06, 2022 08:21 AM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager of the Product Library. We've decided to make a little pivot here and I wanted to keep you up to date. We're going to tackle this idea in two stages. The first stage is letting you add Line Items to Deals when they are created via Automation. Based on my research, this should address some of the pain here (not all), and it's an important infrastructure project for us too. <-- you should see this phase sometime in early Q2, though I can't say exactly when. It's being actively worked on, but we have a few internal dependencies so I can't say exactly when it will be released.

The second phase of this project will be adding Line Items to the "Create Record" action. This should address all the pain described above, but it is a bit more complicated given that Line Items need to be created with an association (i.e. to Deals, Quotes, or Payment Links). Line Items cannot exist by themselves, because they're aren't uniquely named and don't store information about when/how/if something was actually purchased. They just store what the item is (e.g. Marketing Hub Enterprise - Annual Subscription, $34,000, SKU: 84745435, Quantity: 1). <-- I can't say for sure when this will be released, but it's top of mind for us this year. 

I hope the "Add Line Item to Deal" via Automation addresses some of the use cases here while we work on "Create Line Item." 

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment. Looking forward to getting this feature into your hands!

January 14, 2022 11:01 AM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this is on our roadmap for this quarter and, while I can't give you an exact timeline for release, I would expect that within this quarter or early Q2, you will be able to add a Line Item to a Deal in Workflows. 

This particular feature probably won't have a wide beta. We'll test it it with a dozen or so teams, then we'll just roll it out to everyone on a percentage basis. I'll update this thread when we begin the percentage rollout. 

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment. Looking forward to getting this feature into your hands!

Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
May 28, 2021 08:31 AM

Hi folks,

I’m Megan Legge, a product manager for HubSpot’s workflows tool. I’m coming to you today with an update, that I’ll be moving this idea from In Planning, back to Being Reviewed. We’ve unfortunately hit an unexpected development roadblock that means we’ll need more time before we can deliver this feature, so that when we do, we ensure it’s a high-quality feature that meets your expectations.

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned.

Best,
Megan

March 16, 2021 07:48 AM

Hi @abrow ,

In the upcoming change I mentioned, the functionality will be limited to the action to create deal record, and will create a new deal and add specific line items (not copying from another deal). However, we're still digging into other ways we can continue to add more robust line item/deal functionality to workflows, so these additional examples are super helpful. 

Thanks!

Megan

Status atualizado para: In Planning
March 09, 2021 12:17 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your continued feedback and patience. We're actively working on developing this feature, which will be the ability to add line items to deals, when you create deals with workflows, through the Create record action.

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 3.13.18 PM.png

I'll post another update when we have more specific information about the launch of this feature.

Thank you!

Megan

December 02, 2020 12:23 PM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the Product Manager responsible for Quotes and the Product Library at HubSpot. This idea is something that's actively on our radar and I'm working with our team to prioritize it. I can't give you a definite date, but workflow actions for Quotes, Products, and Line Items is top of mind for us going into 2021.

October 21, 2020 04:58 AM

Hi all,

This is still on our radar, though there are a couple blockers we need to deal with before we could implement something like this. We'll continue to explore our options, as we know this is a need many of you have. I appreciate the continued feedback and use case specifics, which help us ensure we're working on the right solution.

Best,

Megan

April 23, 2020 06:52 AM

Hi everyone,

I’m Megan Legge, a product manager for HubSpot’s workflows tool. Thanks for the comments and feedback! We're currently investigating our options and ability to enable this requested feature. I will follow up when we have more information.

Best,

Megan

179 Comentários
JLacaze
Membro

Real pain that Hubspot does not manage PRODUCTS like the other objects, so we cannot have the related automated dashboards available, and plan our marketing campaigns also according to the product criteria!

For us it is a deal breaker!

When we import a transaction (not always manually created based on a standard sales funnel when your business is more B2C), we need to SEEMLESSLY associate those with CONTACTS and PRODUCTS.

as of today:

- association with CONTACTS is manual (export, Vlookup in excel, then reimport) time consuming and can cause mistakes

- association with PRODUCTS is simply not POSSIBLE! My customer buy Trainign A, and I cannot have that in Hubspot, can you believe it in 2021 seriously?

OGil
Membro | Parceiro Diamante

100%! We are working on some migrations and it is a really important gap that makes us have to create an App and do it through API. Adding the option of add line items to deals using workflows would be amazing!

JLiss
Membro

Yes please.

HDilmen
Participante

I have recently started to use Hubspot and in my company, all deals are added as line products. So I cannot make a list according to the packages we offer since we cannot move line items to prospects. I see that this topic rolling on since 2018. I am not an expert but this feature shouldn't be hard to accomplish for HubSpot. It is a shame to not having actually. What a pity!

AngusMcDonald
Membro | Parceiro Ouro

This would be particularly useful for businesses that have a large range of products that are supplied as part of an installation of the 'master' product.

eg. Master Product 1 contains line-items, some of which have a quantity of 10 or more. Very time consuming and virutally unuseable at the moment with this scenario.

HubLove
Participante

The lack of this feature is causing our company to look into Salesforce. I've worked in numerous CRMs and this is a must-have if HubSpot wants to be a true CRM. 

vmcgee
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

Needed, so following to be kept up to date on when this feature might be released. 

kdarnell
Membro

In lieu of Hubspot addressing this issue, I used Zapier to create an automation to automatically add/associate line items to renewal deals based on recurring line items in the initial deal.  We don't have a lot of products, so this was pretty simple to do.  Like everyone else has already said, this really needs to be doable in Hubspot .

jonofnothing
Membro

Yes yes yes

MFall13
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

Much needed! We need to have the ability to tie a product to a deal automatically via workflows.

dclover
Membro | Parceiro

Required. Please provide an update. This is a basic miss that we've all lived without for some time now.

erica11
Top colaborador(a)

WE need this!

JBirley
Membro

We need this too. Our organisation chose Hubspot to handle mass deals with a very small team. We just don't have the resource to add products manually. Not only do we need the function to add products when creating the deal record in a workflow (as described by Meghan fro hubspot in the replies), we also now need to create workflows to add products to current deal records en masse. These complex workflows were the reason we invested in a crm transition. It seems they aren't complex enough.

Long_Nguyen
Colaborador(a)

Hi @lalexander @ethankopit
You may want to have a look at this idea to support this plan. Thanks for your consideration.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Copy-Product-Information/idc-p/492156

EnvoyDrew
Participante

This would definitely be extremely useful

kastraver
Colaborador(a)

Has this been closed yet? In March the dev team was working on making this happen through Create Record - what's the latest?

I feel like this is entwined with the inability to analyse data in Deals based on line items, which is a big hindrance:

HubLove
Participante

Hi Kastraver, 
HubSpot still doesn't have the functionality to copy products from one deal to another deal. The Product and Quotes object table isn't available as an association to the Deal object table. I've spent hours trying to figure out a work-around for this, but I still haven't. Really, if HubSpot wants to be a full service CRM, the product database needs to be linked to the other object tables.

Long_Nguyen
Colaborador(a)

Hi all,

I have a solution to copy the value from properties in Object Product to properties in Object Deal in Hubspot. My solution requires Zapier to connect with Hubspot.

Contact me via message <https://www.linkedin.com/in/nhlong212/> then I will show you how.

KRoberts
Membro

We would greatly benefit from this ability. I would like to create a contact field for forms including product numbers, and based on the selection automatically add those line items to the deal we will be creating via workflow. 

GCollinson
Membro

@MeganLegge @ethankopit 

Hi is there anything further on this issue of adding Line Items to Deals in bulk editing or through automations?

I've been watching the boards for months now hoping to see something come through.

This seems to be a very popular request and yet does not seem to be progressing?

Adding Line items manually to each individual Deal is proving very restrictive and I'm surprised that we still don't have any way to speed that up.