HubSpot Ideas

lalexander

Option to automatically add a product to a deal with workflows

Hi team,

It would be great to be able to automatically add certain Products to Deals within Workflows. For example, if a customer comes in via a certain source and all of the customers from that source are purchasing Product A, all the Deals could then be automatically updated to have that product associated with them.

This would reduce friction for sales teams and allow more seamless Deal creation - the teams wouldn't have to go back and add Products later. Thank you!

179 Replies
JLacaze
Right Megan, I don't know how Hubspot can call themselves a decent CRM
without this functionality...
Have never seen that honestly!

amydyv
Participant

This is such an important feature! I love Hubspot but the lack of association between objects when using workflows is terrible. The fact that Line Items basically live in a separate world from all other types of objects is really limiting. I think it's very weird, seeing as to how well the Custom Report Builder is able to associate different types of objects.

This feature is needed within our organization in order to:

1. Trigger a workflow when a new form is submitted (Basically used as an Order Form)

2. Ticket is automatically created based on the Form Submission

3. Based on the ticket properties a Deal should be automatically created

4.  We are able to set the correct Deal Products based on similar Ticket Properties (Routed using If/Then Branch)

PLundMortense

Following

cbalhorn
Participant

If you're looking for a solution before HubSpot creates it, MakeWebBetter just created a plugin for my company to achieve this. Set whichever Deal triggers, and then this workflow action adds products to the line items of the Deal. 

iamathlete
Contributor | Platinum Partner

As a tangent to this idea, one of our clients' ecommerce is handled outside of the Hubspot ecosystem. When something is sold, the data is populated into Hubspot and then we automate the creation of a deal.  We really need the ability to link product(s) to the deal via automation based on the property values (e.g. if "Last Product Purchased SKU" = "594" then add Product "594" to Deal.

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this is on our roadmap for this quarter and, while I can't give you an exact timeline for release, I would expect that within this quarter or early Q2, you will be able to add a Line Item to a Deal in Workflows. 

This particular feature probably won't have a wide beta. We'll test it it with a dozen or so teams, then we'll just roll it out to everyone on a percentage basis. I'll update this thread when we begin the percentage rollout. 

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment. Looking forward to getting this feature into your hands!

HubLove
Participant
HI Ethan,
Thank you for the update on this. This is a really important function in
order for us to start using products and line items.
I would love to be part of the beta if you are looking for volunteers.
cwh8944
Contributor

Thanks for the update Ethan! This is critical for our business and HubSpot configuration as well. Please consider us for the beta, and let me know if you would like any information regarding our use case.

SOMeagher
Participant

This is a great idea.

We sell one-off high ticket-item products (townhouses). I'm trialling creating each townhouse as a product but would like to automatically create a deal for this product once the availabile-for-sale date is known. Will the planned update include the abilty to create deals basedon products? Or is it limited to being able to automaticaly associate a product to a deal? 

Thanks

ssaiz

Really good idea and completely necessary! Thanks!!!

TPapen

I am trying to automatically get a deal amout on my deals which are created by my workflows (triggered basically by a customer submitting a form). The only ways I can think of to make this happen are:

- Add a line item to the deal automatically as discussed above, the customer enters the amount they need so I can capture that as well

- I was thinking if I could just set deal amount based on a multiplication. I only sell 1 product at 1 price basically. However, It seems like I need Operations Hub professional for this which seems major overkill to pay for, just to do 1 multiplication.

Would there be any other way to get this done (within the Hubspot ecosystem?), at least untill they release adding line items automatically?

HubLove
Participant

Hi TPapaen!
You can automatically assign an amount to any new deal created by using the Create New Record (Deal) function and then Set Deal Property. Unfortunately, this would be a set amount. 

There is a new offering coming out from Aptitute 8 that may have a solution to do this with products and line items. Here is a link to the webinar they are having today on it: https://events.hubspot.com/events/details/hubspot-hubspot-academy-presents-custom-quotes-template-wo...

We will be using this solution for our deal pipelines.

JEricsonIII

Can't wait! Is a BETA available yet.  Workflow party on Deal lines when we have the power to do so!

BennyP
Contributor

Hey @ethankopit many thanks for the feature. This is incredibly useful for users like myself which have subscription management systems integrated onto Hubspot. 

Would the new feature also allow to copy line items which are currently not available as product properties? (E.g. Quantity in our line items cannot be found in the product properties)

As per a month ago you mentioned it could be released end Q1 - do we have an update on whether to expect in March or April? 

Long_Nguyen
Contributor

Hi all,

I have a solution to copy the value from properties in Object Product to properties in Object Deal in Hubspot. My solution requires Zapier to connect with Hubspot.

Contact me via message https://www.linkedin.com/in/nhlong212/ then I will show you how.

suziedugger
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hi @BennyP , I have submitted this as an idea a while ago. Feel free to upvote this so we get it on @ethankopit 's radar
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Copy-Product-Information/idi-p/380442

DParisi

Highly needed and would be appreciated if this is shipped as promised, latest early Q2

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager of the Product Library. We've decided to make a little pivot here and I wanted to keep you up to date. We're going to tackle this idea in two stages. The first stage is letting you add Line Items to Deals when they are created via Automation. Based on my research, this should address some of the pain here (not all), and it's an important infrastructure project for us too. <-- you should see this phase sometime in early Q2, though I can't say exactly when. It's being actively worked on, but we have a few internal dependencies so I can't say exactly when it will be released.

The second phase of this project will be adding Line Items to the "Create Record" action. This should address all the pain described above, but it is a bit more complicated given that Line Items need to be created with an association (i.e. to Deals, Quotes, or Payment Links). Line Items cannot exist by themselves, because they're aren't uniquely named and don't store information about when/how/if something was actually purchased. They just store what the item is (e.g. Marketing Hub Enterprise - Annual Subscription, $34,000, SKU: 84745435, Quantity: 1). <-- I can't say for sure when this will be released, but it's top of mind for us this year. 

I hope the "Add Line Item to Deal" via Automation addresses some of the use cases here while we work on "Create Line Item." 

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment. Looking forward to getting this feature into your hands!

aleeintellect
Participant

This is great news!  As soon as an MQL is accepted, we auto-create a Deal Record (at $0, just to track progress).  So, using automation to eventually adding a line item to an existing deal object when applicable would definitely be a step in the right direction.  Thanks for the update @ethankopit  - excited to see progress on this front!

KMurray
Participant

Great update.  We look forward to seeing the progress.