HubSpot Ideas

eberkes

Option to Toggle the HTML Assist in Editor

The HubSpot visual editor seems to enjoy creating excess, unnecessary HTML for me behind the scenes. If I never worked in source code, I'd probably never notice. However, I can usually tell when it has added code because I'll suddenly have mysterious formatting issues on my hands.

From adding code I don't need (things like <span style="color: inherit; font-size: inherit; text-decoration: inherit;"> and non-breaking spaces I didn't ask for) to adding end tags before I'm ready for them or while editing—which effectively puts them in the wrong place—the HTML/source code helper just gets in my way a lot more than it helps me.

I'd like to continue to be able to use the visual editor, but I would like to be able to turn the assistance off so it's not adding code for anything other than what I'm doing in the visual editor (e.g., font color, because swatches are convenient).

If this idea comes to fruition, please please pleaseee leave the color coding on (or at least as a separate option to stay on). The color coding that lets me know if I missed an element is actually VERY helpful.

1 Reply
kleonard
HubSpot Product Team