HubSpot Ideas

breichenbach

Option to Reset Module at Page-Level

Currently, if a module has been edited at the page-level, those edits take precedence over any changes made to the module's default settings at the template-level. This allows for modules to continue to present the correct information on the pages in which they live, but there are situations in which it would be convenient for users to be able to easily hit a "reset" button on a per-page basis to reset a module to its default settings. 

For example, if one were to create a custom module that contained four separate fields and added it to a page, and then subsequently edited that module on the page, but then later decided that the fourth field wasn't necessary and deleted it from the module, that page is still going to display all four fields. In order to update the module on that particular page, you have to remove and re-add it– the tech support old faithful of turning it off and back on again. 

It'd be convenient to have a toggle in the module that would allow you to choose to reset the module to its current state in the design manager so that you didn't have to go through the process of removing and re-adding it. This would also be highly beneficial for instances in which a local module group was edited at the page level and then later converted to a global group, at which time changes to the global group won't be reflected on the page since it'd still be holding onto the settings specified at the page-level from the previous version of the module. 

9 Comentarios
nickdeckerdevs
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

I wish I had more than one upvote

Jon_McLaren
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Platinum

great idea, temporary workaround- rename the variables for the fields, breaks the association with existing pages values. It will set all instances to their defaults for that field however.

nickdeckerdevs
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

Yeah @Jon_McLaren I've done that in the past and copy / paste the current content into the default content in the module, or I've opened up two windows and copy / paste into the new module I create. It is a tiring work around, but the best options at the moment. When it is for a module with 20+ fields it becomes exhausting!

Jon_McLaren
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Platinum

@nickdeckerdevs i completely agree. Definitely would be better to have a better way

Adesignl
Colaborador líder | Partner

Upvote this one!

Reg
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite

Fantastic Idea! This would save me a lot of time.

Estado actualizado a: Being Reviewed
katie
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hello HubSpot Community,

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value to our customers as possible. We've talked about resetting module values before, and it feels like a good value-add . Based on the comments above, we are reviewing this request and its feasibility among other priorities on our roadmap. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but thanks to the comments and votes on this post we’re actively looking into what it would take to solve this problem.

TYN
Participante

much needed indeed

ChameleonQuest
Miembro

If your module is embedded at the template level, I've found that renaming the instance name will reset any page level content.
For example, if you had

{% module "profile1" path="/profile_code" %}
change the 2nd part so it reads
{% module "profile2" path="/profile_code" %}