HubSpot Ideas

adamgray926

Open Maps from Mobile App to navigate to address

It would be nice to be able to navigate to a given company address by tapping on the address under properties even if all it did was sent you to a third party app such as google maps or apple maps. 

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
December 03, 2020 03:38 AM

The HubSpot mobile app for Android and iOS both allow you to see your contact's street address in your maps app with one tap.

Open a contact record, and switch to the About tab to view that contact's properties. If the "Street address" property is set, you can tap on that property to open Google Maps (or Apple Maps on iOS), which will automatically search for that address. 

Re: Navigation to company address - changed to: In Planning
May 04, 2017 11:35 AM

This is something the team have on their long-list and we are working on adding this to the app!

37 Replies
matt_southwest

We are constantly on the road and usually engaged with visiting multiple clients and a address/map function would be invaluable as we drive around in the wilds of Arizona!

MarkRabey

Hyperlinks for maps no longer works for android users since the update to the app

Dan1
Guide

Hi @adamgray926 , @MarkRabey , @matt_southwest  , @AES , @MattF , 

We had exactly the same challenges, so we built a solution for our own use initially. More and more of my HubSpot user friends wanted access, so we have now added a lot more functionality and made it available on the HubSpot App Marketplace here

There is a freemium plan so you can see if it works for you. If you have any questions then please don't hesitate to get in touch. 

Screenshot 2020-01-15 at 12.26.58.png

Kind Regards, 

Dan

karen_barth
Contributor

@Dan1 , does this app work in mobile too?

Dan1
Guide

Hi @karen_barth , 

At the moment the solution works from inside the desktop verison. We are speaking with HubSpot to see if in the future we can work more closely with the app. 

Kind Regards, 

Dan

karen_barth
Contributor

@Dan1, ok great. We are currently looking at another mapping tool but have found a few features that we are not fond of. It looks as if your tool would work better in that regard. However, the one thing holding us back is that we would need access to mobile for our sales reps that are constantly on the road and benefit from route mapping. 

Keep us updated if your team rolls this out!

Dan1
Guide

@karen_barth I will make sure to keep you updated, thank you for the detail its much appreciated. We would really like to solve this problem for you. 

DigiGeo
Participant | Elite Partner

This was suggested in 2017 and still nothing has been done to add this feature???????

creagor

I can't believe this isn't already a thing! It seems so obvious.

DigiGeo
Participant | Elite Partner

Super annoyed that this has not been done yet. Can anyone help me understand why?   I have cleints that ask me about this feature often.  It can not be that difficult to do.

martinmckenna
HubSpot Product Team

The HubSpot mobile app for Android and iOS both allow you to see your contact's street address in your maps app with one tap.

Open a contact record, and switch to the About tab to view that contact's properties. If the "Street address" property is set, you can tap on that property to open Google Maps (or Apple Maps on iOS), which will automatically search for that address. 

BSasena

Totally agree....to be able click on an address and go right into a maps app so we can easily locate our prospects/customers.

Dan1
Guide

Hi @karen_barth , 

Sorry we released route planning for GeoMapper (Only built for HubSpot) earlier this year and forgot to update you.

The route planning works from your desktop so it doesn't cover everyone's need in this thread, but you can send the route to yourself in an email, which contains a route link that opens up on on your google maps app. So sales teams are route planning on GeoMapper, seeing prospects and customers that are inside their HubSpot account,  then using Google maps whilst on the road.

Full demo of GeoMapper is here, we have moved on a long way since our last message in January 2020 🙂 

We're HubSpot customers ourselves, so still committed to only building GeoMapper for HubSpot.

Below is a quick demo of the route planning functionality (We also now have route optimization in place on BETA):  

Kind regards, 

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub 

GeoMapper 

OrgChartHub & GeoMapper named in the Top 30 HubSpot Apps 

Dan1_0-1634910318562.png

PStorm

I hope you will solve this challenge.

Clicking "Street Address" works only if the street name is very unique...  However if the street name is found in several cities - it gets compliated.

It would be great if street and postal code could be used as search term in combination.

Please action

DominiqueV
Participant | Platinum Partner

Indeed. This is marked as 'Delivered' but it's buggy. No errors or anything but the logic is not realistic. A lot of streets are not unique. So this will go wrong in a lot of cases. The search query should be combined with postal code, city and country. 

Courtney_Clark
Participant

I agree, would be better to have the search query not just as the address, but to be combined with city and postal code. This will help when our team is on the go. 

PStorm

Sad to see that only the "street name" is used when HubSpot mobile APP is looking up the address in Google Maps.

This is resulting in quite a few wrong results. And the APP offers no help when you are on the road and have to navigate without having to enter the street name manually and the city... 

I would have preferred that the streetname and postal code were used in combination to increase the chance og getting the correct address.