HubSpot Ideas

adamgray926

Open Maps from Mobile App to navigate to address

It would be nice to be able to navigate to a given company address by tapping on the address under properties even if all it did was sent you to a third party app such as google maps or apple maps. 

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
December 03, 2020 03:38 AM

The HubSpot mobile app for Android and iOS both allow you to see your contact's street address in your maps app with one tap.

Open a contact record, and switch to the About tab to view that contact's properties. If the "Street address" property is set, you can tap on that property to open Google Maps (or Apple Maps on iOS), which will automatically search for that address. 

Re: Navigation to company address - changed to: In Planning
May 04, 2017 11:35 AM

This is something the team have on their long-list and we are working on adding this to the app!

37 Replies
mboyce
Participant

Hey there:

When you're currently on the Mobile App, you can pull up a contact and call them.

It would be awesome to pull up the address and get directions 🙂

Cheers,

Marion

Builder Funnal

behleryoung
Participant

It would be highly useful for sales reps in the field to be able to launch google maps from either a company or contact profile by clicking on or tapping on (mobile app) street address. 

raormrod

I'm on the road daily, so my laptop isn't always easity useable.  I think it would be very helpful, as well as much safer, if you could through the hubspot app click on a company, click on address, and it automatically open up in google maps or the like to help me get to my location.  While on the road this is much safter than having to navigate from app to app, then type in an address.

Also, route planning.  Be super helpful if through the software, or even the app be able to select any number of companies, and then it automatically plans out the most effiecient route.  Be a total game changer and help out tremendously with my day to day.

just an idea...

vishnu
HubSpot Product Team

This is something the team have on their long-list and we are working on adding this to the app!

adamgray926
Participant

Excellent, that is good to hear. 

vishnu
HubSpot Product Team

Please share some more use cases around this. This is an interesting idea and would love some more info!

behleryoung
Participant

Think about when you receive a text message from someone and they text you the address and phone number of a place to meet. By tapping on the address that address gets pulled into google maps and the user can then use the gps device to get driving directions to their destination. Same with the phone number by simply tapping the number the user can call the location. 

On the Hubspot App it would work similarly. The user dives into a contact or company and by tapping on the associated phone number can call them or by tapping on the address have it populate in google maps or the apple map app. 

hvy_weight
Contributor

While developing this, could you implement the address "auto-complete", like google maps, where the system starts pulling up addresses as you type?

adamgray926
Participant

@hvy_weight that is a great idea, I have used an app for route planning called road warrior that does something similar and it makes it so much easier to input addresses and a lot of the time you can input the name of a company and it will pull the address in for you. 

JennTheone

This is similar to my suggestion. I think Hubspot should integrate with Google Maps too...but so should all softwares. Location is huge. Route planning and just simple access to GPS through Hubspot is a great idea. I also think it would be swell if Hubspot had a Google Maps plug in where each company was put onto a map. It's simple, but the CRM database is not the most educational if it isn't visual and like I said, location is huge. With conferences all over the country, speaking gigs, and branches to different companies spread across the nation, having the companies mapped out would be informative and efficient and it doesn't seem that crazy of an idea. We could really maximize our ROI if we knew where our clients and prospects were in just one click with one single shot of the entire nation. Rather than, filtering for cities and states, several times. Hopefully they get it done!

karen_barth
Contributor

I would especially like to see the Route Planning feature, which could be used through Google Maps or another tool integration. This would be a HUGE asset to our sales team, who are currently using Road Warrior, Trips, Streets, or other route planning apps. It is a lot more work for them to have to type in all that information when it could easily be pulled up through HubSpot.

michael-peck

It would also be nice to be able to see mutiple customers on a map at once so you can map out your trip.

AJernigan
Participant

In-person visits to our prospects and customers is still a large factor in our inbound sales process. It would be great if the mobile app included functionality for launching a map/directions to a company's address in Google maps or Apple maps. 

edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @AJernigan  GREAT IDEA!  I'm going to move this post over to the ideas forum for further comment. 

Ed 

sambloedow

I would like this too.  When you click on the contacts adddress it should pop apple maps.

mktgqueen
Contributor

We would also simply like a maps view - so you could see a map of your existing location and see all your contacts/companies in the surrounding area. Even if the directional map wasn't there, at least you could see who was around.

bsbullock
Participant

On Android,  Google Maps launches when you select the address. 

I agree with the request for a maps view of my HS customers and prospects  on the mobile app.

williamtech814

Yes, we would use this as well. We have sales people who go out daily to give customers demos. When they are in a specific area, it would be great for them to see their other customers that they could check in with. 

MattF
Top Contributor

@mktgqueen that's a great idea! Have you heard of any headway on that?

@edjusten where is the Idea located that you submitted so I can upvote?

Thanks!

AES

I see that the Hubspot Product Team responded to this saying that they are working on this. This was almost two years ago!!! Anyone from Hubspot have an update on the functionality? Many other CRM's already have this feature implemented.