HubSpot Ideas

WhoOrderedRice

Only log emails to EXISTING CRM contacts!!

We have the outlook sidekick plugin on our email accounts, which logs emails and gives you a nice sidebar for more contact details. - Which is great for our actual customer contacts.

However, this plugin is currently adding absolutely everyone to our CRM automatically, so I've got a list of emails with no other data, and some contacts are irrelevant and not necessary for our CRM. 

PLEASE can you make an option, that only LOGS Emails to existing CRM contacts. And if a contact is not in the CRM, it should pop up and say - "This contact is not in CRM do you what to add this contact" Y/N.

This way - I won't end up having a list as long as my arm, of half filled out contacts from my team. 🙂 

Thank you

Please

Natalie

198 Replies
AlexanderAtC

Is it possible to send LinkedIn messages via HubSpot CRM? I want that our lead gens write LinkedIn messages using my LinkedIn account. But I want to see all messages sent in HubSpot CRM.

panadanny
Participant

When writing a post, HubSpot tells me that I'm "near limit" or "over limit". It would be helpful to know how many characters EXACTLY I have left or am over in order to adjust text accordingly. This is possible in Hootsuite for example.

ExactLimit_Hootsuite.JPGNearLimit.JPG

jackgen12

OK so I feel like I've been reading these forums for a bit too long, but isn't this a fix? 

Hubspot Academy link here.

'Never log' settings (connected inbox)

If your inbox is connected, you can specify email addresses and domains to never log emails for:

• Click Log and track settings.
  • On the Never log screen, in the text field, enter an email address or a domain you do not wish to log emails for and click Add
  • You can continue to add additional email addresses or email domains to the field one at a time, clicking Add after each addition.
  • When you send an email to a recipient with the email address or email domain that's on your Never log list, the email will not log in HubSpot. You can also specify never log emails and domains from your HubSpot account settings.

Set log and track defaults (connected inbox)

With a connected inbox, you can set log and track defaults under your extension settings.  

• Click the sprocket icon, then select Log and track settings
  • Click to toggle the Log email and Track email switches on if you want your emails to be logged and tracked by default. If you would rather manually select the boxes for logging and tracking each time you send an email, then leave these switches off.
jameshadley
Participant

Hello,

Well - no, not really.

This requires you to add email addresses to the never log list before sending your email. 

I have three accounts in Outlook but only want to track one with HubSpot. So this  method requires me to physicallly add addresses to a list for around 70% of outbound messages before sending or conversely repeatedly toggle the track / log buttons on and off. 

Okay once added to the list the address is there for good - but unless you can recall every address ever added to the list then you’d still have to check to be sure wouldn’t you?

This method does work but is completely impractical in everyday use.

JoeDavies
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

If you change the wording of a property value, it's use breaks in any list or workflow using it, causing that workflow step or list criteria to stop functioning.

This should really be able to update across your lists and workflows, not just to avoid a lot of additional work in retrospectively fixing all the property's points of use in your instance, but to avoid potentially serious issues arising becasue of it being live in workflows, where if/then branches could end up being ignored.

I had a particular case of this recently, in which we strategically changed the job roles captured on a series of high volume forms (100s of submissions per day) to be more inclusive and 'friendlier' to read.

I checked with support beforehand, who actually assured me that the lists and workflows would update, and on my checking after making the switch discovered this was not the case, having to then rapidly amend everything to match the new property values.

The workflows were important and affected compliance information and different newsletter membership. This meant a 2nd 'fixer' workflow was required, in order to correctly assign the required properties for those contacts who submitted between the property change and the updates. It was successfully resolved, but not without a lot of quick and reactive work.

Were I (or anyone else needing to complete a similar action) not to check, significant issues could arise within the database, causing email nurtures, send lists, database management workflows and more to be impacted.

Can this not be remedied?

Thanks,
Joe

twinterkamp
Participant

Any plan to allow admins to add Reports to the list “Standard” for other users? Kind of frustrating to see the waste of space there with a small list. Or have I missed an option to extend the list?

Thanks,   Tiemo

estherlozano

Hubspot's current options are targeting the pages via the URL's associated with the pages or utilizing query parameters such as UTM codes to target elements with those parameters and embed them on the page.

Would be great to utilize the tags within the HTML of the page as a means of embedding the pop-up form. For example: 

If you look at view-source:https://sematext.com/blog/search-relevance-solr-elasticsearch-similarity/ and just do a search for `category` you will see the post category is actually already there.

You will see something like this in HTML:

```<!-- Header -->
<header>
<div class="blog-post-categories">
<a href="https://sematext.com/category/monitoring/" rel="category tag">Monitoring</a>, <a href="https://sematext.com/category/monitoring/real-user-monitoring/" rel="category tag">Real User Monitoring</a> </div>```

So if HS can "read" the category from there to figure out which magnet to show, then we can have category-specific magnets

NeoI2019

It would INCREDIBLY helpful if there was a way I could filter all contacts that I had emailed, but never received a response. This is helpful for when I'm sending out general marketing emails, and looking to do multiple rounds of outbound emails, but ONLY for those contacts that don't respond.

Can we get the ball rolling on this? Any other reps out there who could benefit from this?

plau
HubSpot Product Team

Currently when you're in Contacts/Companies/Tasks/Deals, if you scroll to the bottom of the list on the first page and then navigate to the next page, you will stay at the bottom of the list rather than return to the top.

i.e. if I set to view 100 tasks and I've scrolled to the very bottom (to task #100), clicking on next page will bring me to #200 rather than #101.

This makes it really inconvenient when working off tasks as users have to scroll back up to the top of the list to see their tasks by order of due date whenever they go to a new page.

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @KJB, appreciate you reaching out with your feedback. If possible could you provide some example emails or designs that would need this type of "make required" feature built into them? I'm assuming that the problem is that the design of the email is problimatic if there aren't certain fields or text areas filled out, but I'm not super clear on how exactly it might work. Any additional examples or context you can provide is very helpful. 

Thanks!

AndrewNoble

When have emails with a contact and then you make a deal for the company of that contact, the email history doesn't go into the deal! What's the point of a deal if it doesn't store the information related to that deal? There should be an option to do this.

((It used to be that all emails were associated with the deal, but this APPARENTLY became a pain point for many customers because of the amount of historical information on the deal as a result of multiple contacts being associated. But now they've switched to no history which is the opposite of what a CRM should do.))

brianjlowry
Top Contributor

Hi,

Our use case is that we want to return the all-time count of all engagement types for all contacts, but the metadata for emails (the body, specifically) is exploding the size of our calls and completely unnecessary for what we are trying to accomplish.

We were thinking that either adding the ability to include properties on the engagements API calls would be one way to solve the problem - though we would need those detailed out to know what we could include/exclude.

The other idea was to leverage "includeMetadata=boolean" or something similar to completely remove all metadata.

I was asked to post this generically as it might work for other scenarios outside of our use case.

Thanks!

Jon_McLaren
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

This feature will help developers sanity and help marketers not mess things up when in HubDB.

We want the ability to mark HubDB Columns as required.

When we're doing advanced stuff it becomes really difficult to accomodate for some scenarios where users leave fields empty.

requiring the field to have a value solves this issue

Jon_McLaren

9cro1v+

The link for this should be at the top and the bottom of the pane.(both) to ensure quick and easy jumping back to the previous screen.

I will make an effort to atleast move the link to the bottom of the pane via the Dev chrome extension, for users using that.

I cannot easily add a duplicate link however due to the way the pane works.

Would appreciate HS making this change themselves and I know a lot of the community has voiced this in the past.

Ian McIlwain suggested this on the HS Slack, I just want to make sure it gets seen as I agree with this.

Jon_McLaren

@katie  I think you're the relevant person to suggest this idea to.

AJLaPorte_diagr
Key Advisor

OMG yes, this needs to happen as when creating complex modules, this gets tiresome to constantly have to scroll up every time when wanting to just keep chugging through and creating multiples. 

Gryzzly_io

It would be very useful to be able to edit the columns to manage properties in the settings.
Right now, only "Last Updated By" and "Used in" are available.

Having "Used with" refering to how many contacts are using this property would be good, especially to go straight to the contact page with this filter.

galileran
Participant
We have multiple sales people working on the deals (and contacts) - with quite a few conflicts between them. 
We want to make sure on the high-level deal-list - to know who was the last one touching the deal, so not just the last-activity-date - but who did it as well (i.e. who sent the last email to this contact in the deal). 
This is required to help better sync between all reps and make sure that no 2 people will touch the same deal in the same time -thus looking BAD to the customers. 
This is of course possible if you enter the deal inside, but having lists with tens and more deals in the funnel you need an effective way to go over it.
KJB
Participant

Hi @Shay , thanks for responding!  Although we would want to use this on most fields, one particularly invisible snag point is the "continue reading" button many of our templates use.  Since the button looks the same whether you enter a URL or not, it's easy to miss this point when checking the preview.

Simply disallowing sending when required fields are not filled out would be a very helpful sanity check.

Chaz_Fitzsimmon

There's been an update to the way that the Activity Feed displays notifications so that all interactions are grouped under a contact instead of all interactions appearing in chronological order.  This change in my opion provides less insight than before.

Being able to track individual activity per email at a glanceis vital.  I have been advised that there is no way to revert back to the previous version. This is a shame becasuse it means I will have to look for a different tool to support the business. The update has made the tool more cpmplex and provides less insight at a glance.

Regards,

Chaz