Only log emails to EXISTING CRM contacts!!

We have the outlook sidekick plugin on our email accounts, which logs emails and gives you a nice sidebar for more contact details. - Which is great for our actual customer contacts.

However, this plugin is currently adding absolutely everyone to our CRM automatically, so I've got a list of emails with no other data, and some contacts are irrelevant and not necessary for our CRM. 

PLEASE can you make an option, that only LOGS Emails to existing CRM contacts. And if a contact is not in the CRM, it should pop up and say - "This contact is not in CRM do you what to add this contact" Y/N.

This way - I won't end up having a list as long as my arm, of half filled out contacts from my team. Smiley Happy 

Thank you

Please

Natalie

HubSpot updates
20 Replies
WhoOrderedRice
Regular Contributor

Just me? 

Anyone got any suggestions? 

berwynhoyt
Occasional Contributor

Yes! Ditto for gmail.

Log emails only to existing CRM contacts!!!

The way it works is dumb: either you have to remember to tick the log box every CRM email or default logging ON and all your private email goes into the CRM and creates new contacts: rather dodgy.

berwynhoyt
Occasional Contributor

There are no less than 4 "Ideas" pages all asking (in different ways) for this same feature!.  Please go and upvote all of them. Here are the links:

Please go an upvote all of them.

avanan
Regular Contributor

Creating a new contact for every random email it sees makes this Hubspot feature a mess for GDPR compliance. Creating a bunch of workflows to catch or delete these random addresses is messy. Manually doing it is painful. 

moradodesigns
Regular Visitor

I am blown away that this isn't already a feature. 

RebeccaNixon
Occasional Contributor

How. HOW does HubSpot not do this!?

(A question I now seem to be asking myself about various expected features on a regular basis...)

RebeccaNixon
Occasional Contributor

Update: we are now paying an external development provider £720 per year to make this happen. It's fiddly to admin and took hourse to set up, and every time we add a new user we need to do extra work. I'm extremely glad we've found a solution, but my word - I am so disappointed that HubSpot do not allow this! It's a GDPR nightmare.

Looking at the other threads where this has been logged, it's been an issue since 2017 and there's no sign of it even being acknowledged, let alone fixed. And of course requests to support go completely ignored, or they give you the runaround.

Does anyone else get this issue where you contact Support about something like this, and they talk in circles about what the platform can do, instead of just giving you a straight answer explaining, "No sorry, you can't do that."? It drives me crazy. At least be honest so I know what I'm dealing with and can go find someone who can actually fix the problem.

jameshadley
Occasional Contributor

I've just posted something similiar and was pointed to this trail in order to provide an "upvote"....

Bit worried to see that there are so many other similiar post trails asking for the same thing but no solution?

Hello,

Apologies if this has been answered or is deemed odd....

I wish to send my emails from Outlook rather than within the Hubspot portal; I have the requisite addins in place and all works fine.

I want to log emails sent to prospects and customers but do not wish to create a contact record for every new email receipient. This is because I also email suppliers, contractors and personal contacts and do not want a CRM contact record automatically created for them.

How can I log emails to existing contacts only? Obviously I would then have to manually create contact records where I did want to log the mails but this is fine.

Thansk in anticipation.....

James

avanan
Regular Contributor

If you are considering upvoting this feature request, please also take the time submit a BUG REPORT. This can no longer be considered a 'nice to have' capability. Since this request was first made two years ago, GDPR and other laws have made the mail-sync capability unusable until it is fixed. There is no other way to express to them the urgency of this need.

jameshadley
Occasional Contributor

Wow - 2 years and still no feature update........