HubSpot Ideas

rayfirnbach

Onboarding Fee Discount on Upgrade

Let me start by saying that I understand the value of onboarding and its use in not only using the tools properly, but aligning the Hubspot tools to each (very unique) organization.

(and—let's not kid ourselves—the revenue side of things)

With that out of the way, I have to say that as someone with a lot of Hubspot experience, I find myself struggling to find the value in the onboarding meetings—which, to be clear—isn't the onboarder's fault.

Before we upgraded, we went back & forth internally between which hubs were right for us, built out a process for how everything would work, ran through multiple dry-runs, and got buy-in from our team.

I find nearly zero value in the onboarding meetings themselves, but they're not for me—they're for the other non-Hubspot-evangelists within the org.

In some of our meetings, I would find myself saying "Hubspot guy, I'll handle that with John offline" very often because 15 minute over-the-shoulder training is way easier than a brief demo and a point in the right direction.

Even worse is the navel-gazing & silent glances around the room when HS Onboarding asks what else we need help on...you can feel the obligation to extract value out of the onboarding fee in the room.

I would love an option to waive or discount the onboarding fee based on being certified within whatever hubs Hubspot deem necessary. Even shortening the onboarding period that prorates the discount would be a plus.

0 Upvotes