HubSpot Ideas

jsg121

Offline mobile app access

It would be great if our new all-in-one mobile app could offer offline access so that users could access and update their information when on the go or without access to an internet connection.

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
October 27, 2022 07:38 AM

October 27, 2022 07:38 AM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on this thread. I want to give you an update on this idea. Since this thread was created, we have invested significantly in improving the app's performance, and in improving the user experience during brief moments of poor internet connection (for example with clearer error messages and the ability to retry).

We've looked closely at the opportunity for building an offline mode for the HubSpot app, and we've made the decision not to focus on this at this time. We are prioritising other customer requests that depend on an internet connection.

I understand this will be disappointing news to some of you, and I'd encourage you to continue adding use cases and upvotes to this idea to communicate the value of this idea.

Thanks,

Martin

In Planning
August 18, 2017 02:43 AM

May 24, 2017 05:30 AM

Hey @Invorio this is not planned for the desktop version.

Already Exists
May 04, 2017 11:39 AM

Edit - This is in early planning

In Planning
May 04, 2017 11:36 AM

This along with low-network mode is something we are working on implementing both on Android and iOS - so stay tuned on that!

Needs Detail
April 20, 2017 06:21 AM

In Planning
April 12, 2017 07:27 AM

Needs Detail
April 04, 2017 04:16 AM

The team are currently exploring different ways to implement Offline Mode in Android and iOS. For the folks watching this thread - I'd love some feedback on what you are looking to do with Offline Mode in the App?

December 15, 2016 03:03 AM

@jsg121 this is in the works. We are working through some other feature requests at the moment (did someone say business card scanning?), but once we finish that, we will be focusing on low and offline network caching.

December 14, 2016 09:48 AM

@vishnu, do you know if this is something that is in the works?

35 Replies
TheJonMartin

@vishnu here are some details for my use case scenario. We work tradeshows in areas where there is bad cell service or cell data/wifi is artificially blocked due to proximity to classified areas. It would be helpful to be able to access information about contacts and create notes and follow up tasks, also using the business card scanner to create a new contact and add a follow up task and/or note would be fantastic.

AndreaK
Participant | Elite Partner

This is someting that my clinets would appreciate! When the sales reps travel alot, by boat and flights, they need access to the CRMeven without wifi. 

isabelartero

Completly agree!!

SarahMedilo
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi, Vishnu.  

How's development on this functionality on the Hubspot Mobile App?  It would be great if sales teams can input information from meetings offline and be able to update the contact or deal record when the internet comes back on line.

I wonder if you have updates here.  Very interested and excited.

SaWells
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Is this available yet?

APANAGOPOULOS

it would be very nice to have this functionality.

i was using zendesk crm for some years now and this function in their mobile app was 100% precious !!!!!

DaleCFP

This is a definite need for our business as well. 

ChristineB
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi, what is the timeline on this? Any updates?

Thank you

JOakley
Contributor

Sooooo, any movement on this please?  Would love to be able to complete data entry and tidy up records while flying so as not to waste actual work hours keeping data clean.  

ADrake
Participant

Any progress? It looks like a very common want/need in this community....

APANAGOPOULOS
nope
martinmckenna
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on this thread. I want to give you an update on this idea. Since this thread was created, we have invested significantly in improving the app's performance, and in improving the user experience during brief moments of poor internet connection (for example with clearer error messages and the ability to retry).

We've looked closely at the opportunity for building an offline mode for the HubSpot app, and we've made the decision not to focus on this at this time. We are prioritising other customer requests that depend on an internet connection.

I understand this will be disappointing news to some of you, and I'd encourage you to continue adding use cases and upvotes to this idea to communicate the value of this idea.

Thanks,

Martin

martinmckenna
HubSpot Product Team

FRichter

During trade shows and events, internet connection is usually an issue.

habing offline functionality, (even if it is only for creating new notes and contacts) would enable me to use HubSpot a lot more at such events.

aweissppg

Echoing's @FRichter's use-case, I too have a team whom work at trade events, and we've developed a Landing Page for either the antendees to scan a QR code to enter their information, or use a tablet at our booth.

As a backup to the internet having issues, having the capabilities for attendees to submit information in said Landing Page when the internet is down can be an excellent opportunity to show our team's commitment to our potential clients and show that we're forward-thinking when things go awry. 

To have the capabilities of a landing page capture data, and then upload it as soon as the internet connectivity returns would be an amazing feature.