HubSpot Ideas

radkins10

Offline Capabilities

It would be a big help to our organization if there was some form of offline capabilities. I imagine this would have to happen through the app. What we need is the ability to add new contacts, edit data in exsiting contacts, save notes/activities/meeting information and create tasks in an offline mode.

Many of our employees especially our Sales team travel to remote locations in which wifi/date/cell service is not available but some of our most important CRM data is acquired at these times. It would make things much easier if our sales team could edit/add/make notes on the spot and then when they are reconnected to data or wifi that info would sync up and be saved to the CRM as a whole.

11 Replies
blinkertoon
Contributor

Couldn't agree more with this, for exactly the same reasons. I understand that we live in a mobile world, but connection can very often by unreliable if at all available in some places - and for sales reps or their equivalent, almost permanently on the road (where almost all of their contacts are made), this likelihood increases.

We've looked into options to do this through other apps, both paid and free, including current most likely option which is to use an offline Google sheet (not form, which doesn't support offline) and then save to CSV and import back into HubSpot when back in range of a connection. Hopefully this won't be too onerous, but is far from the ideal.

Come on guys, for a team that has creates such an awesome tool for sales/marketing, please fix it for us! 🙂

Thanks.

blinkertoon
Contributor

Just discovered this post, which whilst started a long time ago, sounds extremely promising - just no idea what happened with it in the end. Any update guys??

Thanks.

ekettoz

Use case identical: using the App on airplanes for preparing meetings. Having the logged items as well as contact information available at all times should be a minimum requirement in today's mobile first world.

JanJordaan
Contributor

Our reps travel in Africa with very limited mobile access, would be great to get contact numbers on the go, or at least be able to add a contact to your mobile contacts beforehand. 

Peterson
Participant

I absolutely agree!  This will be great addition for sure as most of our customers are in an off location where there is no signal/wifi.

TheJonMartin

This would be a great feature to add. I have a similar but different scenario. We provide cybersecurity compliance support and do tons of work in and near classified areas. Just this morning my team was at a tradeshow near a classified area and they were in a dead zone - no cell data/wifi as a security measure. 

parisklees

It would be great to have an offline form option as well. We want to do a digital form for conferences which don't have the best wifi so an offline option would be so great to have! 

solarforall

I like to work on the plane after a tradeshow to log all my discussions. It is frustrating that this is currently not possible.

SGrenier

I can't find any more recent conversation on the subject. Has there been development because our commercial team are also always on the road and need constant and reliable access to the Database. I made the mistake of not questioning whether it would work offline or not.  This is a problem.

XVillalba

Hi,

I have the same use cases than solarforall & SGrenier.

It is painful to be unable to work with the CRM in trains or if there is no network coverture....

Could you give us some visibility related to this need to be able to work in disconnected mode or offline?

BR.

trippl
Participant

Wow, I can't believe that there has been no input on this from Hubspot 😞