HubSpot Ideas

Yazz

Office 365 Sales Tool - don't want to click icon every time

We just switched over to Office 365 and the Sales Tools Add-In does not allow for settings as did the Sidekick Add-In. So, if we want to 'awlays' log/track e-mails, I cannot do so with Sales Tools. The tool also does not auto open when you write an e-mail as Sidekick does.

Test Case:

1. Type in an e-mail address in the "To:" field

What's happening?

1. Sales Tools does not open up the contact window on the right hand side within the e-mail

2. You cannot control settings to 'always' leave log/track on

What's supposed to happen?

1. Window pop-up appears as soon as a user is entered into the To: field

2. You are able to set settings to control whether you want log/track on always or not

This is affecting our Sales and Marketing Team and since we are now on Office 365, we need to use this tool. If we use Sidekick, for whatever reason our Cloud version of Outlook glitches each time we use it. We have no fix for this issue now. Please fix ASAP.

Thanks!

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
January 10, 2020 10:01 AM

Hello everyone! Glad to be able to report today that we have released pinned taskpanes to the HubSpot Sales O365 Add-in.

This should have automatically updated. When you next are in your inbox, there will be a small pin icon in the upper right corner of the task pane in the O365 add-in. When it is turned on, the task pane will stay open in the inbox. The pane in read and compose pane need to be pinned separately and closing the add-in pane will un-pin it.

Re: Office 365 Sales Tool - don't want to click icon every time
December 16, 2019 07:17 AM

Hello again! We are still working on the solution and I will update here when it is live. Thank you and please feel free to reach out to me at flora@hubspot.com with thoughts and feedback.

In Planning
November 11, 2019 02:36 PM

I'm Flora (Yuan) Wang and I'm the PM of the O365 Add-in. Thank you for the feedback and I understand this is especially painful for sales reps who are tracking and logging numerous emails a day. This is something we are actively working on it and I will update this post when we are done. 

I would love to chat with any users as well, feel free to DM me here or email me at flora@hubspot.com. 

55 Replies
JEL
Participant

The "Track email opens and clicks" checkbox remains checked for me now.  Unfortunately I still need to manually select the HubSpot icon for it to insert the tracking pixel.

I have the Salesforce.com add-in as well (though I never use it), it allows you to pin the add-in to OPEN at ALL TIMES.  I wish HubSpot did this as well.

katja
HubSpot Employee

Hey Yazz - thanks for submitting! Just wanted to follow up on here for users who come across this in the future.

Unfortunately, this is a limitation on Microsoft's end - so as of now, our team is unable to configure the plugin so that a user doesn't need to click on that icon. The team is aware this is a pain point!

For further context, we have this resource on our Knowledge Base that goes into more detail.

Cheers,
Katja

sapnaS

I've found that using the Hubspot integration for outlook  rather than office 365 solves the issue. 

MasterElecTampa
Participant

@Yazz This is a great observation and thank you for bringing awareness to this. We've recently started our migration and we've identified the same issue you've expressed. Your post has allowed us to troubleshoot this without an excessive amount of resources. 

We have team members using the original version where the sidekick isn't an issue and other users who have migrated and as you can image folks are not happy about this! I can imagine others are trying to figure out what the issue is as well.

@katja is there any plan or conversation on getting a resolution here? 

Cyrus
Member | Partner

The wierd thing is that this used to work... I used to get the bcc added automatically... there was another plugin for outlook that did this... but I can't find it anymore...

Jeremy_White

It doesn't seem to be consistent.  I have co-workers that it works automatically for.  But for most of us, we still have to click the button to make it track automatically.  I love HubSpot and would really like to see this work more efficiently.  

Cyrus
Member | Partner

Just figured this out...

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-to-install-hubspot-sales

Download the Outlook desktop add-in.  It is different from the one you already have. It adds this:

Capture.PNG

You can then click on it to select automatically  tracking and logging each new email.

kyanes

with that integration, it pops open as soon as you put a recipient in the mail message.

TonySchmidt
Contributor

This is very annoying. Please add pinning support. Send this link to your developers on how to add pinning support to your add-in:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/add-ins/pinnable-taskpane

miketoofer

Yes, this is a HUGE issue. I beleive it may only be with iOS and not Windows. But nevertheless, it defeats the whole purpose of the Sidebar - to automatically log and track your contacts without you physically having to push the HS icon and wait 3 seconds for it to load - very cumbersome!

This should be a very easy fix. Most other add-ins on Outlook have an option to pin the app - but Hubspot does not for some reason. 

JustinB
Participant

@katja I believe this is no longer a limitation on Microsoft's end.  They published documentation (last updated 6/23/2019) on how to implement pinnable task panes in Outlook:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/add-ins/pinnable-taskpane

There are also at least two other duplicate "idea" requests for this same feature, not to mention quite a few other general forum discussions/requests:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Outlook-sidebar-will-not-pin-in-place-very-annoying/i...

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Set-Hubspot-Sales-add-in-to-be-persistent/idi-p/24991...

Is there any way we can get this feature prioritized or at least some sort of confirmation of "we're working on it"?

Any update would be greatly appreciated.

DeanPerry
Participant

I can't believe that this hasn't been implemented by now. Tony even gave you the exact link details from Microsoft.

As it stands HubSpot support on Outlook within a Mac environment is virtually useless. Who wants to have to click an icon EVERY SINGLE TIME you open an email or create a new email.

WesselVincent
Member | Platinum Partner

Hi guys, 

As i can read over here there is still no solution for tracking automatically the Outlook365 e-mails into our HubSpot CRM.. For our company it's a dealbreaker if this isn't automatically working, because we know that the logging will not be easely done by our team. 

I tried the solutions which everyone mentioned, but i still not managed it to fix it. Does someone has found a working solution?

JustinB
Participant

Agreed... this is very annoying!  Please upvote this slightly older, duplicate idea:  https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Office-365-Sales-Tool-don-t-want-to-click-icon-every-...

If we aggregate the upvotes to a single idea, maybe we can accumulate enough to get some traction.

Blair

Any updates or workarounds?

Our sales team is also finding it frustrating to take the extra step.  I feel this tool should have tracking always on, if you don't want to track, then take the steps to not track the message.

Flora
HubSpot Product Team

I'm Flora (Yuan) Wang and I'm the PM of the O365 Add-in. Thank you for the feedback and I understand this is especially painful for sales reps who are tracking and logging numerous emails a day. This is something we are actively working on it and I will update this post when we are done. 

I would love to chat with any users as well, feel free to DM me here or email me at flora@hubspot.com. 

JustinB
Participant

This is great news!  Thank you for the update.

miketoofer

Yes! Thank you!

WesselVincent
Member | Platinum Partner

This would be great! Thanks for your update.

seanmcnulty

Same issue. We just switched to Office 365 after being told the functionality of the plugins operated the exact same as Gmail. It is far from it. The fact that our reps have to click a button for every email to auto-track it seems a very unnecessary task and waste of time. If a team of 10, send 100 emails a day each, and it takes 2 seconds to click and load the side-bar, that's 38 hours of wasted productivity every year.

Please can we get a fix on this ASAP. I spoke with Office 365 and they said the quickest way to solve this is for Hubspot Dev team to raise a ticket with their Dev team and go from there.