Office 365 Sales Tool - don't want to click icon every time

We just switched over to Office 365 and the Sales Tools Add-In does not allow for settings as did the Sidekick Add-In. So, if we want to 'awlays' log/track e-mails, I cannot do so with Sales Tools. The tool also does not auto open when you write an e-mail as Sidekick does.

Test Case:

1. Type in an e-mail address in the "To:" field

What's happening?

1. Sales Tools does not open up the contact window on the right hand side within the e-mail

2. You cannot control settings to 'always' leave log/track on

What's supposed to happen?

1. Window pop-up appears as soon as a user is entered into the To: field

2. You are able to set settings to control whether you want log/track on always or not

This is affecting our Sales and Marketing Team and since we are now on Office 365, we need to use this tool. If we use Sidekick, for whatever reason our Cloud version of Outlook glitches each time we use it. We have no fix for this issue now. Please fix ASAP.

Thanks!

HubSpot updates
6 Replies
erikverpoort
New Contributor

When you click an email in Outlook (all versions) you need to click the Sales Tools button every time you need to see more contact info or set the email tracking checkboxes. It would be great if you can just pin this sidebar to your Outlook by default. That makes this integration a lot better.

joejako
New Contributor

Way too often I forget to log an email because the sidebar isn't visible. In the gmail plugin this feature is already implemented.

mswitzer
New Contributor

This is exceptionally frustrating for my users. We are used to an SFDC workflow where the window does in fact stay pinned open.

Time-consuming and clunky.

This should be a quick and dirty change that will add a lot to the Outlook integration.

HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey Yazz - thanks for submitting! Just wanted to follow up on here for users who come across this in the future.

Unfortunately, this is a limitation on Microsoft's end - so as of now, our team is unable to configure the plugin so that a user doesn't need to click on that icon. The team is aware this is a pain point!

For further context, we have this resource on our Knowledge Base that goes into more detail.

Cheers,
Katja

MasterElecTampa
New Contributor

@Yazz This is a great observation and thank you for bringing awareness to this. We've recently started our migration and we've identified the same issue you've expressed. Your post has allowed us to troubleshoot this without an excessive amount of resources. 

We have team members using the original version where the sidekick isn't an issue and other users who have migrated and as you can image folks are not happy about this! I can imagine others are trying to figure out what the issue is as well.

@katja is there any plan or conversation on getting a resolution here? 

JustinB
Occasional Contributor

@katja I believe this is no longer a limitation on Microsoft's end.  They published documentation (last updated 6/23/2019) on how to implement pinnable task panes in Outlook:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/add-ins/pinnable-taskpane

There are also at least two other duplicate "idea" requests for this same feature, not to mention quite a few other general forum discussions/requests:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Outlook-sidebar-will-not-pin-in-place-very-annoying/i...

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Set-Hubspot-Sales-add-in-to-be-persistent/idi-p/24991...

Is there any way we can get this feature prioritized or at least some sort of confirmation of "we're working on it"?

Any update would be greatly appreciated.