HubSpot Ideas

The_Marketer

Offer a webhook event for merged records

Hi,

We've established a sync between Hubspot records and our backend, however the object relation between hubspot and backend records breaks when we merge records in Hubspot (contacts, companies, deals). Unfortunately, there isn't a way for us to listen to merged record events. It would be great if merged records would be available as a webhook so we can automatically maintain the relation when records are merged in Hubspot.

Thanks,

The_Marketer

3 Comentários
cooperelias
Colaborador(a)

Disclaimer: This is a bit of a back-end hack, and it doesn't appear to work with contacts, at least not yet...

There is a hidden property for Merged Object IDs:

{
            "name": "hs_merged_object_ids",
            "label": "Merged object IDs",
            "type": "enumeration",
            "fieldType": "checkbox",
            "description": "The list of object IDs that have been merged into this object. This value is automatically set by HubSpot and may not be modified.",
            "groupName": "contactinformation",
            "options": [],
            "displayOrder": -1,
            "calculated": false,
            "externalOptions": false,
            "hasUniqueValue": false,
            "hidden": true,
            "hubspotDefined": true,
            "modificationMetadata": {
                "archivable": true,
                "readOnlyDefinition": true,
                "readOnlyValue": true
            },
            "formField": false
        }

Using the Properties API, you can update the property to set "hidden" as "false" and then you have the option to reference that property in a workflow. For example, trigger a deal workflow when Merged Object IDs is known.

I tried making this property visible for contacts, but for whatever reason it does not contain a value for any contacts.

This is a much needed trigger though, especially since merging records cannot be set as more restrictive permission than editing records (for example, admins only), and when users take the action to merge, there are back-end syncs that we need to run that currently get missed quite often.

baribeau
Colaborador(a)

@cooperelias You've lead me down a rabbit hole. While I was also able to modify the "hidden" value on the "hs_merged_object_ids" property, as you mentioned, for contacts, it's always empty.

So I checked for other relevant Contact parameters. The first didn't solve the problem (so I've added some notes to perhaps help people land here and find this alternate solution). But the 2nd worked!

• hs_calculated_merged_vids: This is a simple hidden array of integers representing the Contact IDs of contact records that were merged into this one. It has almost exactly the same metadata properties as hs_merged_object_ids, including hidden:true, ReadOnlyValue:true, and ReadOnlyDefinition:true. But when you try to alter to hidden:false, the API responds with "[400] The Property 'hs_calculated_merged_vids' has a read-only definition, and can't be mutated." 
  • hs_all_contact_vids: I used the Properties API and updated this property to hidden:false. That exposes it to workflows and lists (from which I can use an active list to control for when it was last updated). With some strategic filtering and integrations, I'm now in a better position to handle merged records in my integrations to outside data sets.
superuser
Participante

This has been an issue since at least 2019. Has any progress on a proper solution from HubSpot been made?